Page 224 of 421 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 4205
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BicioWrc View Post
    Yeah from what he said all make think to Toyota...so in case 3 cars: hanninen,Ostberg,Lappi?
    I imagine the two Finns would mostly be faster than Ostberg across the season but he would probably score more points than both.

Not a bad move for either side maybe.

2. Likes: andyone (18th October 2016),WUff1 (18th October 2016)
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    I imagine the two Finns would mostly be faster than Ostberg across the season but he would probably score more points than both.

Not a bad move for either side maybe.
    If as i think contract is for one year, yeah could be good move. u have consistent driver, with big experience and he can maybe help also to development car (also if i never heard he have so great skill in this sector)...after for 2018 their could look for someone else

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Yeah from what he said all make think to Toyota...so in case 3 cars: hanninen,Ostberg,Lappi?
    Why not Evans instead of Ostberg?
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Not because they just might succeed.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Not because they just might succeed.
    Didn't get it. Can you explain?
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Evans is very good and ambitious driver, so they would profit. But may be they cold prefer someone else for whatever reason. Sorry can't explain it well cause I might have a headache thinking too much about it.

PS: I'm in general disappointed by Toyota's driver choice so far (if that helps), but who knows, we might be surprised in near future?!?
    Last edited by stefanvv; 13th October 2016 at 23:40.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
    If I'm in makinen i will go 100% with Evans in front of Ostberg...sensation is that drivers look to toyota as 5th option and have less consideration of m-sport.
    So is possible that choise of Ostberg was only way for Makinen to take a Wrc driver with some years of experience in wrc. (my dream of course was to see Luky in an official wrc car but this will remain a dream)
    We will need some more insider infos about which drivers toyota made offers and expecially opinions of drivers about toyota project. also if looking what's happening we can already suppose

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    I think he means that in his opinion Toyota have made poor choices so far and Evans would be a good choice so they didn't take him.

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    If I'm in makinen i will go 100% with Evans in front of Ostberg...sensation is that drivers look to toyota as 5th option and have less consideration of m-sport.
    So is possible that choise of Ostberg was only way for Makinen to take a Wrc driver with some years of experience in wrc. (my dream of course was to see Luky in an official wrc car but this will remain a dream)
    We will need some more insider infos about which drivers toyota made offers and expecially opinions of drivers about toyota project. also if looking what's happening we can already suppose
    The only reason I can think of is that he is expecting the other two drivers to be fast and relying on Ostberg to finish rallies. Lately there are more good drivers around so he can't get the results he used to through consistency but he's not as bad as some claim. If there were less factory seats next year he might have had a harder time finding a place but at the moment I think he still has 1-2 years until enough new drivers come up.

Liked 38 Times in 19 Posts
    I think Ford will be back as a manufacturer next year, with full support of M-Sport. Everyone around the team is speaking about a "very strong team". They can't say more right now, but still want us to begin thinking and wondering. Just the fact that the new car is built on a totally new model of Fiesta that isn't released yet, is one of the things speaking for it.
    @OnlyRally