Page 219 of 421 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 4205
    Liked 11,193 Times in 4,442 Posts
    That's some lovely sound!
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: Andre Oliveira (5th October 2016),aykutbilir (5th October 2016),EstWRC (5th October 2016)
    Liked 9,387 Times in 4,996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear View Post
    His karting background is something that made me wonder the other day.

Pretty much all top-level kart racers focus on circuit racing with F1 being their ultimate goal, but what if some of them instead focus on a rallying career? Compared to the non-karting rally drivers you would imagine they would have an advantage.
    Craig Breen started in Karting in1999-2007...

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Craig Breen started in Karting in1999-2007...
    I'm talking about guys in karting at the very top of the world, who could win world championships. No disrespect to anyone but that's quite a difference.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    That's some lovely sound!
    Both yes and no. As the subtitle told us they had some engine problems which might could be heard during the test. To me there was a disturbing noise from the exhaust which to me means they don´t have optimal construction on either inlet or exhaust system.
    That´s me doing some thinking after listening to loads of engines during the years since early 60´s.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 99 Times in 48 Posts
    Suninen got European karting championship bronze medal at season 2010 (KF2) and 2011 he took gold at supernational series at USA. That is pretty impressive results as we know how tough is competitions at those series. Breen "just" won Irish national gold. Before this season I think that Breen was just semi-talented driver. But ok. He has lot to proof next season in Citroen. Suninen really have speed there and he have strong head also.

Quote Originally Posted by EightGear View Post
    I'm talking about guys in karting at the very top of the world, who could win world championships. No disrespect to anyone but that's quite a difference.

Liked 29 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Both yes and no. As the subtitle told us they had some engine problems which might could be heard during the test. To me there was a disturbing noise from the exhaust which to me means they don´t have optimal construction on either inlet or exhaust system.
    That´s me doing some thinking after listening to loads of engines during the years since early 60´s.
    So your saying the engine inlet or exhaust isn't designed properly from the sound of the exhaust on a 3 minute youtube vid

I expect Mercedes f1 will be ringing you soon to offer you a job with your talent

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Actually the description below the video stated engine problems. I think this was not Per's own conclusion. But it sounded lovely for a malfunctioning engine :P

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

9. Likes: Rallyper (6th October 2016)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TWRC View Post
    They can get around that, the Vesta WTCC car was also racing about half a year before the road-going Vestas went on sale.
    That’s interesting and it really makes sense to ease up homologation. WRC cars (like those from WTCC) are mainly protos, homologated with a very large number of variants and options over their basic Gr.A forms. There’s no need to wait for the 2500 units production required by general rules.

That’s also a marketing innovation. Will Ford, VW and Toyota do the same that Lada did and base their ’17 WRC’s on future production models? In Ford’s case, it seems they’ll be able to present the new Mk7 Fiesta slightly before the WRC version gets the road in MC. We can hope this will represent a deeper involvement of Ford in WRC. That would be great!
    Last edited by Rally Power; 5th October 2016 at 22:53.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 16,104 Times in 6,991 Posts
    any news?

Liked 16,104 Times in 6,991 Posts
    Thierry Neuville had no offer or VW or Citroën complete.

The surprising news was confirmed by Hyundai. Three hours after formalizing Citroën Craig Breen and Stéphane Lefebvre alongside Kris Meeke in 2017, the Korean mill has provided the two-year contract extension Thierry Neuville who will continue to partner with Hayden Paddon and Dani Sordo. "I am very happy to continue the adventure started in 2014 with Hyundai," said Monaco resident. "I believe we made the best choice, the most logical."

The statement may seem surprising. If staying at Hyundai seemed so obvious, why then waited so long to resign? To test the market and, above all, to raise the stakes. Indeed, if the value of our compatriot had fallen sharply earlier this year, it has been revised upwards with the excellent results achieved in recent weeks.

But the fact remains that if Hyundai is the best proposals he had in hand (not hard to face returning Toyota and M-Sport means missing), it remains the second choice.

But Thierry did not see this eye. "We have long known that there is no place at VW until 2019 and I was aware that Citroën was no longer an option for weeks already."

Hyundai was the best of the rest, as is already often the case behind VW on the roads of the WRC. "True, but this year it has evolved with the new car. Who would have thought six months ago today that I would fight for the title of vice-champion? And we will surprise the next races and in 2017 . I believe it. All pilots were sacred rally in recent years have been due to their brand loyalty. "

Although in the case of Thierry and Nicolas, it is a bit forced. The truth is that they will stay not by love or real conviction, but because they have not found better elsewhere. We have to hope for them that WRC 2017 will be competitive. "I will not know until after having tried after Catalonia. But I am confident."

http://m.dhnet.be/sports/moteurs/neu...70e9985fea372f