Thread: Liberty Media

Threaded View

Liked 39 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I am aware of Bernie's history in the sport. I actually think F1 needs a leader from outside its inner circles. I think it has come to a point now where the teams need to be told with a firm hand, this is the way it's going to be, take it or leave it. The big guns have too much invested in the sport to simply walk away right now, although it is possible they might do it, so it has to be treated in a firm but fair (or appearing fair) way.

Among the things that needs to change is spectators access to drivers at race weekends. The only driver that really makes an effort at race weekends to mingle with fans is Lewis Hamilton and he doesn't interact with the fans every race weekend. All drivers needs to have fan time and the fans need that as, right now, they come, they go and that's it. That needs to change and the pitwall has to become less isolated. I'm one of the lucky ones that can get a pit pass to events when I go to a F1 race. This isn't the same for everyone. Most people don't ever get the chance.

So there are huge amounts that can and need changing, and I do think Liberty Media are the right boys for this kind of transition. If don't correctly, they could make F1 a global phenomenon. And, you know what, I don't think they'll have too much resistance from the teams. More exposure and media coverage make for more money. No team will say no to money and it could very well benefit the likes of Sauber and Manor greatly, which would be fantastic, in my opinion. It just has to be done right.
    Well said.
    Last edited by AAReagles; 14th September 2016 at 23:46. Reason: Discovered 'Thumbs Up' icon is no longer available
    FIDO - Forget It, Drive On