Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 246472737475 LastLast
    Liked 583 Times in 215 Posts
    I have seen plenty of videos from rallies all over, but Poland seems to me to be particularly bad and asking for trouble in the future.

2. Likes: Rallyper (11th July 2016)
    Liked 359 Times in 213 Posts
    Another bad rally that I've covered.... Shortly after I finished Rally Poland, most of us in the media remember why we disliked it in 2015!!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Elaborate
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    Seriously?
    Really liked it a lot. Can't think of any negative points.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MartijnS View Post
    Seriously?
    Really liked it a lot. Can't think of any negative points.
    he is a pro media guy with high connections.... not some amateur pleb like yourself

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    he is a pro media guy with high connections.... not some amateur pleb like yourself
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

8. Likes: EstWRC (12th July 2016),janvanvurpa (13th July 2016),leighton323 (12th July 2016),pantealex (13th July 2016),skarderud (12th July 2016)
    Ha ha ha

It started off with Shakedown...

Stage was the same if not changed a little for drivers but for media and spectators not the best.

Spectator area changed to last year. Shakedown started with a few cars, then a 45 min break due to a farmer not allowing spectators onto the stage/fields due to parking cost issue... Also safety concerns for spectators in their 'zones'

Due to the fact a few areas changed where spectators couldn't go, during this break they moved into very unsafe zones... Where last year they stood... Too last year was unsafe but again marshals did sweet all, and only enforced media to move!!!

During this 45 min break there was no communication on stage, no media alert to advise us why there was a break. No one knew. So people were walking across the stage, not even the safety car came through to check for a second time, yes they came through three times before it initially got started as a shakedown. But come on, a 45 mins break with nothing and then WRCars start driving and spectators in bad areas!!!!! One of the two factory R5 Fabia's went off and was at least two meters away from spectators!!

Some media points in the guide were proven correctly but marshals did not accept this and had to argue with them! Tanak's jump was a mess the first time around. Too were trees cut down so there wasn't anything spectacular this year. Stage access made no sense sometimes with maps and road closures...

Also the Power Stage ending was a mess and felt sorry for the Estonian fans who were kept far away from the one entry one exit paddock that the 'celebration' took place in.

10. Likes: tommeke_B (13th July 2016)

LOTOS 73rd Rally Poland 2016

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    I do work with a well known agency and am proud of this.

Too do I enjoy viewing others images of the non professional 'standard', you can find either a new position on stages or new view on capturing.

But we can all agree on one set of images that come from the WRC... Too covers Dakar and WTCC... I know you know of whom I speak off.

But of dirt, but of HDR

12. Likes: leighton323 (13th July 2016),tommeke_B (13th July 2016)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    I agree on a few points, especially local farmers demanding money to enter their ground is a problem... People are already paying to see the rally, and it's normal that almost all space around the stages is someone's property, and every spectator needs some place to stand. It's the task of the organizers to refund any possible damage from the rally (either from rallycars or from spectators) to the owners, and not the task of locals to ask money to spectators. On one place we entered a meadow where some 20-30 cars were parked already. Someone came to us, telling something in Polish (which we of course didn't understood). After finding someone who spoke Polish and English, we found out he wanted 5 (1,25 euros) zloty for being on his property. When I took out my wallet he saw there was more in it and suddenly he wanted 50 zloty (+-12,5 euros), still a small amount of money, but it's a very unfair way of doing things... One of his friends already took off a valve cap of one of our wheels/tyres and threatened to deflate the tyres. In the end we moved our car and went to another place, without paying anything at all, it's not a nice thing to do but it was the best solution. Organizers should look after this problem, or it will become worse every year, as locals will learn from each other...

14. Likes: leighton323 (13th July 2016)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    I do work with a well known agency and am proud of this.

Too do I enjoy viewing others images of the non professional 'standard', you can find either a new position on stages or new view on capturing.

But we can all agree on one set of images that come from the WRC... Too covers Dakar and WTCC... I know you know of whom I speak off.

But of dirt, but of HDR
    Hear that MartiJns ? A WELL KNOWN AGENCY....

he is not roaming the forests with a camera in his hands making footage of 6th gear corners and jumps like yourself you gipsy pleb

His collection of hairpins and flowers and rivers will make you have nightmares till the end of your days.