Page 42 of 70 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    What happened to Ostberg?

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    I can't believe they haven't sorted it out prior to the running of SS13. Seems a no-brainer to me that they need to neutralise all WRC2 times. It sets a horrendous precedent if you have drivers not stopping for SoS boards or, if in doubt, continuing at full pace.
    Quite right.

Also, what if this had happened on the final day? Winner decided in the stewards room hours afterwards?

Liked 1,787 Times in 423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    so I presume Ostberg is out of the rally or super-rally/rally2 for him tomorrow?
    If the engine is Ok, then Rally 2, that means +10 minutes to his time.

Regarding the SOS sign, as far as I can understand, Only three or four (Sunninen, Kopecky and Fuchs and maybe Scandola) WRC2 drivers were shown this SOS sign. So, Kruuda won the stage and I think that it would be fair if those who were shown SOS get Kruudas time, others were not affected (Well, Scandola retired, Lappi retired, Aasen punctured etc. I am not sure but maybe Kremer also lost some tiemdue to driving behind Kopecky?
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 1,787 Times in 423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    What happened to Ostberg?
    Engine overheating, So I assume there was damage to the radiator?
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Nice battle for the lead. Great to see Neuville returning to form.

Amazing 1st leg show from Scandola. It’s a pity he couldn’t carry on.

Btw, Lappi’s retirement was due to mechanical (suspension?) failure, after a strong impact on a hole.

Esapekka Lappi Rally ‏@EsapekkaLappi 49 minhá 49 minutos
    Rough Sardinia roads... An impact with one of the famous holes caused too much damage on the car, and we could not fix it. Rally2 tomorrow.

Someone inside Skoda was too fast tweeting he had an off (that tweet has already been erased).
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 11,207 Times in 4,447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    Regarding the SOS sign, as far as I can understand, Only three or four (Sunninen, Kopecky and Fuchs and maybe Scandola) WRC2 drivers were shown this SOS sign. So, Kruuda won the stage and I think that it would be fair if those who were shown SOS get Kruudas time, others were not affected (Well, Scandola retired, Lappi retired, Aasen punctured etc. I am not sure but maybe Kremer also lost some tiemdue to driving behind Kopecky?
    Also co-driver of Gilbert tweetet that they stopped due to the SOS sign and Kremer really caught that slow "train" ahead of him.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 171 Times in 99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    That's not the question. Even if all who were shown SOS stopped there was still a lot of others behind them who kept racing because there was no SOS for them and therefore caught the others ahead of them in stage. There was no yellow flag. That's crazy situation and IMO very stupid from the organization.
    Do you want to bet that all affected will have their time corrected? They have time as somebody above noted, it's not the final stage so they would need to do it in a hurry.

Liked 11,207 Times in 4,447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariusz View Post
    Do you want to bet that all affected will have their time corrected? They have time as somebody above noted, it's not the final stage so they would need to do it in a hurry.
    What does it change on the fact that what they created on Monte Lerno 1 was stupid and dangerous hazard with chaos on such a long stage? Also giving notional times many hours later creates a situation when nobody knows on which place he actually is and with whom he fights. That is just crazy. They had several hours after Monte Lerno 1 to solve the situation before next loop started but they did nothing. The last point is that only God knows which times they'll give but what is sure is that notional times are never fair, especially in WRC event we've seen often complete madness in them.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

9. Likes: dimviii (11th June 2016),leighton323 (12th June 2016),RS (11th June 2016),TWRC (11th June 2016)
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    I'd assumed for this it would be fairly simple. It's not like the Portugal/Paddon situation. Apart from Kruuda it seems like the entire WRC2 field were held up by the situation.

If say everyone got Kruuda's time then maybe the only person who would have benefited would have been Aasen (who finished with issues). But he's retired anyway so that's no longer an issue.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 171 Times in 99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    What does it change on the fact that what they created on Monte Lerno 1 was stupid and dangerous hazard with chaos on such a long stage? Also giving notional times many hours later creates a situation when nobody knows on which place he actually is and with whom he fights. That is just crazy. They had several hours after Monte Lerno 1 to solve the situation before next loop started but they did nothing. The last point is that only God knows which times they'll give but what is sure is that notional times are never fair, especially in WRC event we've seen often complete madness in them.
    Yeah, yeah, chaos, stupidity, hazard and craziness everywhere and every time. Chill out, if a driver cannot fight and drive fast because he doesn't know if he's first, third or sixth then this sport is not for him. We need strong characters, who don't cry at everything that is temporary out of order. And it's not the fault of organizers that Bertelli had a crash that required medical attention and they need to give notional times. So how about you concentrate instead on good things and just have some fun?

12. Likes: janvanvurpa (12th June 2016)