Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Monaco 2016

Liked 42 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Why should a driver crack a smile when they aren't happy? I'd much rather drivers not be robots than ply the PR game. Be human and show it is what I say!
    Its not about the PR game rather its about having a sense of occasion.

Driver behaviour on the podium's is not improving and borders on disrespectful at times - its not as if the drivers have paid for anything or hosted anything or are irreplaceable.

Maybe the drivers need to be reminded that they are sports people first.

Liked 795 Times in 588 Posts
    Daniel could have said almost all that he did say , and finished it off with "but , in the end , we lost this win as a team ."

It's alright for him to express that he's mad , but he'll need to trust the apology , because he and every other driver needs to trust his own team .
    Utter petulance right now will only make him look like an 18 year old who feels entitled .

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    ...When that happens just after missing the chicane , it's hard to understand why he wasn't penalized , given last race's reasoning .
    +1

Stick a pile of tyres at that chicane and problem solved...

4. Likes: Warriwa (30th May 2016)
    Liked 792 Times in 654 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Daniel could have said almost all that he did say , and finished it off with "but , in the end , we lost this win as a team ."

It's alright for him to express that he's mad , but he'll need to trust the apology , because he and every other driver needs to trust his own team .
    Utter petulance right now will only make him look like an 18 year old who feels entitled .
    I think he would look more like a fool if after being screwed twice (Barcelona and Monaco) from winning races that he had in hand, he gives us his usual smile and appear not peaved by the situation.

Opportunities may be few and far between in the future races, you really never know, hence missing the ones that he clearly sees were there for the taking if everything else were ok or done right, is very hard to take. He is well within his rights to moans about it. I really don't see anything wrong with that. RB f**ked up to the win for Ricciado.

That said, l really don't think Ricciado has fallen out of favor with the Redbull team. He is still their best chance of winning their next constructor and driver titles. It would be quite daft for RB to styme their best asset. Hence the conspiracy theory does not add up.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 29th May 2016 at 17:02.

6. Likes: Big Ben (29th May 2016)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    ... RB f**ked up to the win for Ricciado.

You win as a team and lose on your own.

If the car God's were smiling he would have passed Hamilton and won. Hopefully the poor sod in the team who may have screwed up doesn't lose his job because the talent has fingered him.

I'm sorry but I don't think it is very becoming when a gifted athlete does the equivalent of holding his breath on the podium.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    I think he would look more like a fool if after being screwed twice (Barcelona and Monaco) from winning races that he had in hand, he gives us his usual smile and appear not peaved by the situation.

Opportunities may be few and far between in the future races, you really never know, hence missing the ones that he clearly sees were there for the taking if everything else were ok or done right, is very hard to take. He is well within his rights to moans about it. I really don't see anything wrong with that. RB f**ked up to the win for Ricciado.

That said, l really don't think Ricciado has fallen out of favor with the Redbull team. He is still their best chance of winning their next constructor and driver titles. It would be quite daft for RB to styme their best asset. Hence the conspiracy theory does not add up.
    I think Mr. RIcciardo is experiencing a sense of entitlement that is thoroughly undeserved. He has won three races, one less than his former team mate has world championship titles and one of those wins was stolen from his team mate and one down to safety car lottery. He might think he's better than he really is and considering his team mate in 2014 was screwed over a lot worse than he, I can't remember Vettel staging such a public temper tantrum. He seems to forget that without RB he would still be racing god knows where, but certainly not F1.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 792 Times in 654 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyzars View Post
    You win as a team and lose on your own.
    That is a beautiful quote and so true. But give Ricciado a break. If RB gives him the support he deserves, he would most certainly be world champion in the near future.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    That is a beautiful quote and so true. But give Ricciado a break. If RB gives him the support he deserves, he would most certainly be world champion in the near future.
    *Snort* Support and RB only belong in the same sentence if you are Mr. Marko's favorite boy, which Danny isn't anymore since they got that dutch kid. Call Maranello, ask for Seb. He'll tell you how that works. Apart from that the race was rather frustratinjg. The Merc team order against Rosberg was a clear sign that he isn't supposed to win anything. The race being started behind the SC is sign that F1 is run by wussies.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    i think it was a late call from RBR to switch from ultra soft to super soft. I'm sure they had the ultra's ready, but then made the late late cal.
    Anyway he still had some opportunities to pass and locked up several times ruining his tires at the end.
    Plus if he kept a cool head he might have had an opportunity in the last couple of laps as Hamilton said his tires were on the cliff at the end...plus the rain.

Now he probably feels how Hamilton felt last year. up by 30 seconds and finishing 3rd due to a pathetic pit call
    Do you have any opinion about anyone or anything that isn't somehow based or related to Hamilton?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    To which I say "Welcome Mate". That's how your team mate felt in 2014 when they stole his win in Canada, told him his chassis was cracked after Bahrain and "apologized" after fucking up his strat in Monza. I think Mr. Ricciardo starts to realize what it is like when you've fallen out of favor...
    And the vettel obsessed version

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk