35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lewis Hamilton

20 57.14%
  • Nico Rosberg

15 42.86%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Something that has been missed , I think , at least by myself , is that the reported speed differential between the cars was actually greatly reduced by the time they were touching because we saw Nico hit the overtake button .

Lewis saw the light flash , understood what it meant , but may not have known that it had been switched back , giving his opponent the grunt to be to the edge of the track before he was .
    Easy mistake .
    No it hadn't. Once you hit the overtake button after switching modes it takes 100 metres for the extra boost to kick on, so Nico virtually got zero benefit from it and if you'd bothered to look at the onboard footage from Lewis and make your own judgement rather than just jumping on the Lewis is wrong fence you'd see what a stupid comment that is.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 16th May 2016 at 15:05.

2. Likes: Mintexmemory (16th May 2016)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    After looking at this online... 100% Lewis.

He was behind and if you apply the rules of road accidents, he is the following car; therefore could have backed out.
    I'm assuming this reasoning is a joke as rules of the road accident law doesn't apply in racing.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I'm assuming this reasoning is a joke as rules of the road accident law doesn't apply in racing.
    They do within Mercedes. After the infamous accident at Spa they developed a number of rules, internally called "rules of engagement", which demand that team-internal overtaking is only permitted without taking obvious risks of crashing and the overtaking driver is obliged to make sure of that. That's why Lauda was so po'ed despite being Lewis's biggest supporter within the team. As far as I can remember, this was the first time he blamed Lewis for anything.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

5. Likes: zako85 (16th May 2016)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    No it hadn't. Once you hit the overtake button after switching modes it takes 100 metres for the extra boost to kick on, so Nico virtually got zero benefit from it and if you'd bothered to look at the onboard footage from Lewis and make your own judgement rather than just jumping on the Lewis is wrong fence you'd see what a stupid comment that is.
    Don't be stupid .
    If you'd bothered to read all my comments , you'd see that I have apportioned blame to both , and you might have surmised that I was leaning back towards it being a more even split on blame .

Don't be stupid enough to assume that I haven't watched the on-board , and the view from the helicopter as well .
    I have , and didn't miss Nico's clear intention to shut the door .
    And , I didn't miss Lewis trying to get there before he did .

I was assuming that the press of the button would give a more instantaneous boost than 100 metres later , it's true .
    But , it was something that I read this morning , and I can't seem to find it again for reference .

From where does your 100 metre figure come ?

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Another example of x-box generation driving from Rosberg - he was down on power and had left a door open which he thought he could close without harm to himself. Where could Hamilton go? LH was committed to the move and being squeezed attempted to avoid collision but was too far on the grass. Just as well that Rosberg was unable to profit from his appalling decision!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

8. Likes: driveace (22nd May 2016)
    Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    The poll needs a third option for 'racing incident' or the option to vote for both drivers.

My initial instinct was that it was a desperate block from Rosberg that forced Lewis off, however, Lewis always had the option to lift off the gas. Both racing drivers reacted instinctively in the heat of wheel to wheel racing, and it resulted in a crash. This is a racing incident.

The biggest contribution was that Rosberg was for some unknown reason in the incorrect engine mode.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Another example of x-box generation driving from Rosberg - he was down on power and had left a door open which he thought he could close without harm to himself. Where could Hamilton go? LH was committed to the move and being squeezed attempted to avoid collision but was too far on the grass. Just as well that Rosberg was unable to profit from his appalling decision!
    and the driver from the Oculus Rift generation wins the race
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

11. Likes: Mintexmemory (25th May 2016)
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Even though I support Rosberg, I considered him to be slightly more at fault than Lewis here, if only because he might have been slightly overzealous in blocking Hamilton. However, it's closer to 50-50 than anyone taking most of the blame.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    Even though I support Rosberg, I considered him to be slightly more at fault than Lewis here, if only because he might have been slightly overzealous in blocking Hamilton. However, it's closer to 50-50 than anyone taking most of the blame.
    This is a well balanced view. I would say 60-40 Hamilton's fault, but a racing incident.

I think Rosberg's move was surprisingly hard and maybe shows just how determined he is to do it this season.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Fair play to Rosberg for not jumping out of the way for Hamilton, like he would have done in 2014 and 2015.

With the points gap he has now over Hamilton, a none score for both of them is a better result for Rosberg. Hamilton can't really afford anymore DNFs, which should give Rosberg the psychological edge over Hamilton in wheel to wheel racing.

15. Likes: Mia 01 (17th May 2016)