Page 65 of 421 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Some web sites have mentioned it on April 1st, but it seems to be for real: Subaru and Prodrive are working together again.
    It’s supposed to be a one-off WRX Sti track project, in order to establish a new lap record on Man TT course. Mark Higgins behind the wheel.

http://www.prodrive.com/#!PRODRIVE-C...4a4/imni4scw27

It would be great to see further developments from this association, even if nowadays Subaru seems more interested in racing than in rallying.
    I hope the onboard didn't have low fps..

Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Spectacle? Hmm, what is it? - Make the cars RWD, increase engine power and reduce tyre grip level?
    I think more power, lesser grip is a way to make more spectacle. Shorter suspention to.
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Probably neither...If we read carefully Autosport article we may notice that this seems to be another over speculative piece from theirs rally journo. Honestly, there’s nothing substantial in it and the unnamed sources are always convenient when you try to impress the most sensible readers.

Evans waves Gr.B dramatic memories and tries to establish a parallel with ’17 regs, forgetting the huge advances on rally cars handling and security. And on the spectator’s control issue, what matters is to improve safety standards, whatever kind of car it’s used, and those standards must be used by each organizer, from national events to WRC.

2017 cars will be more powerfull, faster and spectacular to see (even on tarmac, at least in loco), but more demanding to drive. That’s why it makes sense to implement a Super-license and restrain them to WRC top drivers.

Let’s be fair: something has to be done to revamp WRC. The shooting out proposal, and probably any other innovative scheme that threats rally spirit, is rejected by the rally community. Getting back to long resistance events, shrinking the calendar and WRC need for global recognizing, is also off the table.

The only thing left is to improve the cars. In a fast and unanimous way, FIA and manufacturers agreed on the ‘17 tech rules and there are founded prospects for a high level championship. What’s the point to question them now?
    I don't know, there are some statements, so not too much speculations...
    And I also don't know if they will look spectacular as you and other say. Looking at testing they are very much boring, and also ugly.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Am I the only one who thinks that WRC cars don't need more power than now? I think they should have focused on finding a way to have more different cars between manufacturers, keeping the same level of power and grip. I can't enter in technical discussions, and I don't know how it can be done but I do think more variety should have been the main purpose.

As for now I think cars are fast enough by the way.

5. Likes: AndyRAC (11th April 2016),BleAivano (12th April 2016),focus206 (11th April 2016)
    Liked 1,263 Times in 684 Posts
    Yes, the current cars are fast enough. As ever, those 'in the know' - are addressing the wrong issues.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

7. Likes: AL14 (12th April 2016)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that WRC cars don't need more power than now?
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Yes, the current cars are fast enough.
    are you trying to give me cancer you 2 legged life forms ?

9. Likes: AL14 (12th April 2016),Eli (12th April 2016),Luijbregts (12th April 2016),pantealex (12th April 2016)
    Liked 216 Times in 105 Posts
    I believe more power isn't necessarily a bad thing, but if they add more grip via aero/width/suspension, then that just makes the cars go from point A to point B faster. Not necessarily making the car more spectacular.

If you watch Hayden Paddon at Otago last weekend (example http://youtu.be/PScjE2GuZbw ), sideways into blind crests everywhere, THATS spectacular and is a great display of driving skill and confidence in the car. We need more of that type of action, not the boring nose end first/tidy style which looks more like watching WTCC.

That I believe is why some have mentioned Group A too, more limited tyre tech, moderate power and limited suspension travel meant the cars were more spectacular as they were thrown at corners.

11. Likes: EstWRC (12th April 2016)
    Liked 318 Times in 183 Posts
    You don't need to implement the Grp A regulations but only some parts of it like engine size, car size (2/4 door sedans) and the general look/sound of those cars.
    The celica and the Subaru Impreza 555 Group A are really amazing sounding cars. Today's cars are too small. It speaks for itself that a fiesta that is much smaller and light
    compared to an Impreza or a Lancer is more "gocart-ish". It's the basic law of physics.

I also agree that the actual rallies needs to have a more feeling of endurance then they have today. I think there is something wrong when not
    even the Swedish rally have any proper "dark-stages". By 5pm all stages are complete and that includes a long lunch break.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 1,515 Times in 866 Posts
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 238 Times in 112 Posts
    not bad at all

https://www.rallytheworld.com/polo-r-wrc-2017
    Attached Images Attached Images