Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Well as we only export 6% of our goods to other EU countries,and the other 94% exported to other countries carry a levy imposed by the EU making our goods dearer.Looks like it's goodbye to the little people like Merkel ( who won't get elected again ,upsetting all the Germans with her letting the 1.1 millions people in ,130,000 of which have gone missing) Hollande,Tusk,and Junker. And be Great Britain again .We can build lots of new schools and hospitals with the £356 million that we save every week ,and NATO and the Americans keep us safe not the EU ! Go on guys shoot me down again !

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I for one am not shooting you down. Vote to leave and leave. Everyone is making too much fuss over this. It's getting tiresome. Britain is anyway barely in the EU and is rarely constructive in any way. I wonder if Scotland leaves too. I hope they stay since they seem to be less self-deluded.

3. Likes: donKey jote (6th March 2016)
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    If it helps any, we'll be happy to send Trump over to work for either side. So long as you keep him after that is.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    Well as we only export 6% of our goods to other EU countries,and the other 94% exported to other countries carry a levy imposed by the EU making our goods dearer.Looks like it's goodbye to the little people like Merkel ( who won't get elected again ,upsetting all the Germans with her letting the 1.1 millions people in ,130,000 of which have gone missing) Hollande,Tusk,and Junker. And be Great Britain again .We can build lots of new schools and hospitals with the £356 million that we save every week ,and NATO and the Americans keep us safe not the EU ! Go on guys shoot me down again !
    6%?

We export about 45% of our goods to the EU.....
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I can't see any real advantages to gain from leaving the EU.

Yes, it would be nice if we could continue to trade with the EU but have full control of our borders and not have to contribute to the EU budget. But that is never going to happen.

If we leave and don't get a free trade agreement then it will be a disaster for the UK and bad news for the EU.

If we leave and do get a trade agreement we will still have to contribute to the EU budget, we will probably still have free movement of people, we will still have to comply with EU regulations. But we won't have any MEPs and lose a lot of our influence.

Norway is seen as a model of what the UK could be like but they still have open borders with the EU, still comply with 75% of EU legislation, still contribute over £100 per head to the budget (compared with £125 per head in the UK). The only reason they haven't joined is to keep their fishing industry happy.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

You may not see the advantages now but you'll understand in the future when Utopia will be just an archaic word for Britain. The idea is simple (and the solution obvious). All of Britain's problems are caused by just one group of people, the rest of the world. I also recommend building a big wall.

8. Likes: Brown, Jon Brow (8th March 2016)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow View Post
    6%?

We export about 45% of our goods to the EU.....
    Are you going to bother with that? There's a very deep understanding of a complex issue there. It's all about adding and subtracting. You subtract here, you add there, everything else will be just the same. Problem solved.

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow View Post
    I can't see any real advantages to gain from leaving the EU.
    Not being governed by a bunch of unelected foreign bureaucrats is an advantage in my view.
    Llibertat

11. Likes: driveace (9th March 2016)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Tamasz View Post
    Not being governed by a bunch of unelected foreign bureaucrats is an advantage in my view.
    In how many countries are the members of the government actually elected? Also interesting how foreign has an obvious negative connotation for you. That is ridiculous. Are you really satisfied with your perpetually 'elected' not foreign president (if your location is real)?

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    In how many countries are the members of the government actually elected? Also interesting how foreign has an obvious negative connotation for you. That is ridiculous. Are you really satisfied with your perpetually 'elected' not foreign president (if your location is real)?
    Hit back with an argument about my own country, which is not the subject of this discussion, wouldn't you?

The answer about members of the government being elected is they are elected in very few countries if any. It is the parliamentarians who are elected and who the government members report to. The thing about EU is that the balance of powers there is heavily skewed towards the executive branch. EU is effectively controlled by the European Commission, which is a law upon itself and is not really accountable to anybody. The unaccountability of the government is a big issue in my country and that's exactly where I'm coming from.

You are also apt at finding negativity where there is none. "Foreign" in this case means "unaccountable to local people", that's it. "Foreign" per se might be as good as it gets, but in the context of governance, governing bodies have to be accountable to their constituencies. The European Commission is clearly not accountable to the voters of any given EU country. This situation is not negative or positive. It is just unacceptable.

BTW, if I may, what is the income tax rate that you pay in your country?
    Llibertat

14. Likes: driveace (9th March 2016)