Page 49 of 78 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Liked 5,577 Times in 2,305 Posts
    It is a kind of record? Only 33 rallies to be official driver?

EDIT: Ogier did it
    Last edited by Andre Oliveira; 30th November 2015 at 14:28.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Nice move from Wilson.

I don't think this choice is about money. In all these years Wilson picked a lot of young promising guys (Solberg, Duval, Hirvonen, Latvala, Tanak, Evans) with limited (or even none) funds, and give them the opportunity to shine at WRC top level.

Now it's Camilli time. Best luck to him!
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    It is a kind of record? Only 33 rallies to be official driver?

EDIT: Ogier did it
    Yeah, but Ogier actually won something before that. That doesn't mean Camilli won't, very surprising nonetheless, let's see how it goes...
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    @RS, Every current WRC-top driver was thrown in a WRC car before he had proven it to be worthy... How can you prove yourself without getting a chance for it? For Ogier people here said it was too early, for Neuville people here said it was too early, for Lefebvre the same, for Camilli the same...
    In the case of Camilli and Lefebrve they haven't even proved themselves to be amongst the best in the next category down yet. In F1 it is common for GP2 backmarkers to make the jump but the top WRC drivers should be a pretty elite group.

5. Likes: WUff1 (30th November 2015)
    Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
    Of course it's about the money. The FFA will pay for everything. M-Sport needs the money to develope the 2017 WRC car. Even Mads is bringing money in.

I don't understand why people are saying that you can't compare Camilli in WRC2 because Fiesta R5 is so bad. Kajetanowicz won ERC with it.
    In Spain, even Suninen was beating him on gravel. Indeed on tarmac Camilli was decent.
    In Finland a lot of Fiesta R5 were faster than him. For example Pärn.
    In Portugal he was a lot slower than Ketomaa and in the stages that went good for him, he lost 1s per km.
    In Wales he had problems defending off Suninen who was with a old S2000 car

I have nothing against Camilli but to say that he was picked for he's raw speed and talent is baloney. The saddest part is that Evans doesn't have a seat anymore.

7. Likes: French_Paulo (30th November 2015),juho (1st December 2015),pantealex (1st December 2015)
    Liked 1,791 Times in 424 Posts
    The money arrived to Wilsons account.. sorry, the decision was probably made a long time ago already. Look at the M-Sport press releases from Spain and GB, Camilli was real star fro M-Sport there.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

9. Likes: EstWRC (30th November 2015)
    Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    In the case of Camilli and Lefebrve they haven't even proved themselves to be amongst the best in the next category down yet. In F1 it is common for GP2 backmarkers to make the jump but the top WRC drivers should be a pretty elite group.
    Such an understatement of Lefebvre's case. He won JWRC and JERC in 2014 and he's pace in R2 at the time was unmatched. He's move up to 4WD has been disappointing, but at least I have not given up on him yet.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

11. Likes: Rallyper (30th November 2015),tommeke_B (30th November 2015)
    Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lundefaret View Post
    Tommi has used both Camilli and Sunninen in testing, and they are both Toyota drivers. Don't see any other logic to this than that Toyota has outbid the Evans family, and want Camilli primed to the number two driver spot in the 2017 Toyota line up. Camilli is a very interesting driver, and in my opinion his current potential is above that of Evans.
    Tommi Mäkinen Racing is still building up their first Yaris WRC chassises in Puuppola. They have not tested yet a metre. In interviews Tommi has said they will start testing in March the earliest. If someone knows better, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

13. Likes: pantealex (1st December 2015),Rallyper (30th November 2015)
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    Such an understatement of Lefebvre's case. He won JWRC and JERC in 2014 and he's pace in R2 at the time was unmatched. He's move up to 4WD has been disappointing, but at least I have not given up on him yet.
    I completely agree, I have not given up on him either. At least he had a balanced programme this year but generally i think drivers would benefit from some more experience before being thrown in to a full WRC programme. It didn't work out too well for Evans it seems.

15. Likes: Hartusvuori (30th November 2015)
    Liked 16,104 Times in 6,991 Posts
    Colin Clark ‏@voiceofrally

No really surprise at M-Sport. Supporting two drivers with no major sponsor wasn't sustainable. Economics had to play a part in decision