Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear View Post
    He's not bringing money.
    Okey, then I dont understand that at all. Abbring is not all bad but he will never be a driver that fight for podiums. Sorry to say that for those who are his fans.

There is other drivers that would be so much faster. Just look at Lappi, Tidemand, Bergkvist, Breen and so on... But I know that there is some contract issues and so on...

But Abbring is not a clever choise, have never understand why he was picked in the first place.
    "If you ain't first, your last..."

Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    None of these names have proven to be much faster. Anyway, quite a disappointing year for Abbring yes.

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro83 View Post
    Okey, then I dont understand that at all. Abbring is not all bad but he will never be a driver that fight for podiums. Sorry to say that for those who are his fans.

There is other drivers that would be so much faster. Just look at Lappi, Tidemand, Bergkvist, Breen and so on... But I know that there is some contract issues and so on...

But Abbring is not a clever choise, have never understand why he was picked in the first place.
    He was faster than Lappi and Breen in ERC last year. I do see something in him, he was spectacular in ERC last year and he won WRC2 in France without any problems (against Tidemand). Bergkvist is way too soon to say anything about.

He has been working with Hyundai since 2013, but now it's the first time 'visible' for the outside world. I really don't see many other alternatives.

But well it looks like there are mechanical problems this time so he's probably not to blame.

EDIT: Now confirmed: Car #10 update: @KevinAbbring stopped on SS3 after temperature warning light came on; unable to restart. #WRC #HyundaiWRC
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

4. Likes: dimviii (13th November 2015),JTGANG (13th November 2015),Mirek (13th November 2015),WUff1 (13th November 2015)
    Liked 11,193 Times in 4,442 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro83 View Post

Abbring has trashed Lappi and Breen in every rally where he started last year in ERC. He didn't win all those events only due to incredible unreliability of his Peugeot. He retired five or six times while leading.

I don't understand why You mention Bergkvist. The choice was done before 2015 not at the end of 2015 season. Bergkvist one year a go was completely unproven and he stays unproven with 4WD as he did only one rally with it. He may be the choice in the future but he needs a lot more experience. Definitely not a driver for WRC factory team in this moment.

Tidemand was slower than Lappi in every single rally he did this year except Spain. He was more reliable but he didn't really shine in WRC2 either as his average point/start score was worse than of Al Attiyah and especially Kopeckż.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

6. Likes: AndyRAC (13th November 2015),dimviii (13th November 2015),HaCo (13th November 2015),leighton323 (13th November 2015),WUff1 (13th November 2015)
    Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
    I dont say anything about this event. Mechanical is not his fault ofc. And to go off road sometimes happends. Thats rally. But he is not a bad driver but I anyway think that he not has the skills to be fighting in the WRC-class for podiums as Paddon can and will.

Today, Lappi should be in the middle group easy with a factory wrc-car. He gets faster for every event. Tidemand was leading Rally Sweden, and was in the top overall in a private Fiesta until the engine give away for some years ago. (His home event ofc) He does almost "0" misstakes and stays on the road overall and get good points.

This year, he has proved that he is really fast on every surface, even when he drive with no risks. And he is a smart driver.

Bergkvist is young, but its now he would benefit of a chance to drive for a manufacture. And he will be a top driver if he gets the help. First year on tarmac, and he win with style. He has never driven on that surface before. First time in a 4WD, you seen the result.

much off topic...

But anyway, Abbring has not done many events so okey, we will see if it will improve.

The more drivers in WRC, the more interesting it gets so
    Last edited by Astro83; 13th November 2015 at 12:50.
    "If you ain't first, your last..."

Liked 20 Times in 10 Posts
    Any news about Lukyanuk after SS1?

Liked 64 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagen View Post
    Any news about Lukyanuk after SS1?
    The last on SS2 with the time 9:21.5s

Liked 64 Times in 39 Posts
    After a very poor season, what future for Neuville?

Liked 9,386 Times in 4,996 Posts
    Nice live coverage with interviews at the re-group in Newtown on BT Sport !
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 12,248 Times in 5,265 Posts
    45 minute delay for afternoon stages because of nationals getting through