Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Spin The Wheel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Can I make more suggestions?

8th: A sticker with a slogan that isn't funny.

9th: A daft and embarassing car toy that is equally as unfunny.

10th: An "L" plate.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winchester
    The cars only have fuel tanks big enough to take them just over a race distance.
    Not hard to fix, fit a bigger fuel tank?

People used to say the same about the Super Tourers, how they were only meant to last a sprint race etc etc..... didn't stop them running flatout for 1000km at Bathurst though, managing to run 200 odd kilometres on a tank of fuel as well.

I'm always a fan of a single race at the meeting, its all got to happen in the one race, no second chances.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racer69
    Not hard to fix, fit a bigger fuel tank?
    The size of the fuel tank is mandated under the S2000 rule. Fitting a bigger one isn't an option.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree the wheel does look rather gimmicky for such a high profile series. The cards weren't as bad last year though.

As for one long race, no thanks. Even a few years down the line, I love the fact we get 3 BTCC races on the sunday, as the headline act, it's nice to have that on offer.

I think a revision of the third race rules ought to be reconsidered.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin
    As for one long race, no thanks. Even a few years down the line, I love the fact we get 3 BTCC races on the sunday, as the headline act, it's nice to have that on offer.

I think a revision of the third race rules ought to be reconsidered.
    I just feel I would feel a bit short changed with anything less than three races more than anything else.

I think I felt I was in 2001 at Croft. Their was only two races, both of which in the Touring Class was dominated again by Vauxhall Motorsport and Egg:Sport with Peugeot Sport lagging a few race places behind. Race 1 was won in the Touring Class by Jase with Yvan in second and James Thompson in third. It was the same three only with Yvan winning and Jase in second. Seeing all this in a rather rainy and dull August Sunday. Not my ideal raceday. In fact I hated it.

I don't even know if the support series was anyhing decent.

A more inventive Race 3 I think needs to be considered.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SEATFreak
    I just feel I would feel a bit short changed with anything less than three races more than anything else.

I think I felt I was in 2001 at Croft. Their was only two races, both of which in the Touring Class was dominated again by Vauxhall Motorsport and Egg:Sport with Peugeot Sport lagging a few race places behind. Race 1 was won in the Touring Class by Jase with Yvan in second and James Thompson in third. It was the same three only with Yvan winning and Jase in second. Seeing all this in a rather rainy and dull August Sunday. Not my ideal raceday. In fact I hated it.

I don't even know if the support series was anyhing decent.

A more inventive Race 3 I think needs to be considered.
    Why? What is wrong with a straightforward motor race? I think the BTCC is perfectly entertaining without gimmicks.

And to compare anything with 2001 is irrelevant, because it was such a transitional year and Vauxhall was the only fully-prepared team to do the whole season.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Touring cars worked fine in the 90's with 2 races. I would like to see a bit more variety in the race length. Four seasons of sprint races is starting to get samey. But if they had pit-stops, then the BTC-spec cars would win as they could change tyres in 6seconds and it would take the rest 30 seconds. So I predict Jordan, Hughes and George will win.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    And to compare anything with 2001 is irrelevant, because it was such a transitional year and Vauxhall was the only fully-prepared team to do the whole season.
    What has the fact is was a transitional year or the fact Vauxhall was the only team prepared to do a whole season got to do with it? You have gone on a complete tangtent.

I even stated early on it what my point was meant to illustrate. That anything less than a three race format would leave me feeling short changed. It may not leave you short changed which I have a feeling you will say in your own way but I cannot speak for you and your feelings.

I want to feel I am getting great value for money and a really great long day out and having two BTCC races as their was in 2001 (which is how I brought 2001 into the equasion) would not leave me with much to enjoy in the way of the BTCC.

Three flat out races with one mandatory pitstop per car would be OK for me. The one pitstop could be less about refuelling or new tyres and more about using the stop to put a driver into a stronger position.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SEATFreak
    The one pitstop could be less about refuelling or new tyres and more about using the stop to put a driver into a stronger position.
    Contrived pistops though just adds more gimmicks to the thing, and doesn't help the racing. What is the point of having pit stops when they aren't required (ie... to refuel, or to replace worn tyres)

We have had compulsory pitstops in the V8Supercars for years. It hasn't helped the racing in any way. Who wants to see passes happen in the pits??

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I really liked the tyre-changing days. Bring them back Gowie. Go on, I dare ya!

Obviously, you'd want to get rid of those silly little wheel nuts too. Real race cars have just the one nut (a bit like Hitler)
    Nick The Flick :imubash:
    :angryfire Everyone is entitled to my opinion :angryfire
    Visit http://www.extremephotos.co.uk. Go on, you know you want to!