Page 70 of 76 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast
    Liked 213 Times in 107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by b3637853 View Post
    What do you guys think about Lefebvre performance? Because I don't understand the Citroen's hype about this guy. In Corsica he managed to set just one top10 time. Obviously he's learning the new car but isn't tarmac suppose to be his surface? Now Citroen confirms him in WRC for Catalunya so the must really belevie in him.
    Lefevbre is a mistery for me. He was really impressive when he was driving 2WD, in France but in WRC / ERC too. But at the end of his last 2WD season, it seemed he lost something ... and then with 4WD, I never see him being really good. Except maybe Monte Carlo ...

I just think Citroën is pushing him not to do the same mistake they did with Ogier. They know it will be difficult to have him back ... so they need to find another great talent. And they want to be sure that Lefebvre is - or not - this one.
    But we can't blame a manufacturer to give opportunities to young driver. We missed it during the late 00's.

2. Likes: tommeke_B (5th October 2015)
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    I don't know why anyone is expecting a lot from Lefebvre yet. He hardly has much 4wd experience let alone in a WRCar.

Liked 213 Times in 107 Posts
    When Corsica came back to WRC, I wasn't happy. I think other countries need rounds - but ok, FIA decided to go to 14 rallies.

And to be honest ... I find this Tour de Corse interesting. I mean, only long stages, that's driving. That's something different from other WRC rounds, a we need different events.

Of course, organizers need to learn from this year. That's not possible to see so many km cancelled. They should find a way to have a 2nd plan if it's not possible to do the stage. Maybe just doing a second time the last stage, by keeping the possibility to block the road longer than planned.

They need too to increase the global distance of the rally close to 400 km (or even more if FIA allows it), or to do the race on two days / two and half (half would be some night stages) days, to have longer days.

I hope they will learn ... because there's place in WRC for such kind of round, with loooong stages. Moreover here, where's the road are challenging, and there's so much corners and change of rythm.

5. Likes: marcosg (5th October 2015)
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Interesting to see here the reason why Bertelli did not do the last stage. It wasn't a mechanical issue - he actually withdrew from the event in protest over the power stage road order.

https://twitter.com/fuckmatie37/stat...697344?lang=en

Looking at it I don't think he was actually going to get on TV - it was just the fact he was swept aside for so-called higher profile entrants. I'd be miffed too, especially given they've paid their manufacturer entry fee. Maybe withdrawing from the rally is a bit extreme but they do have a point that the whole thing was a mess.

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    I do side with what happened and think the Promoters aren't doing a good job for any lower profile driver but at the end of the day would Bertelli have scored any points? Could be both, truthfully pull out of the rally because of promoter issue but also save the car for another rally.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    did he call his mamma this time ??

9. Likes: Andre Oliveira (5th October 2015)
    Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts
    They have ran the Power stage with 3min gaps and there was not enough time to show all drivers, and they missed Kubica who eventually managed 2nd. They usually do it to fill the 1 hour slot, but I do not understand their choice this weekend.
    I also share the opinion that Jon Desborough is a useless commentator.

Liked 111 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vino_93 View Post
    When Corsica came back to WRC, I wasn't happy. I think other countries need rounds - but ok, FIA decided to go to 14 rallies.

And to be honest ... I find this Tour de Corse interesting. I mean, only long stages, that's driving. That's something different from other WRC rounds, a we need different events.

Of course, organizers need to learn from this year. That's not possible to see so many km cancelled. They should find a way to have a 2nd plan if it's not possible to do the stage. Maybe just doing a second time the last stage, by keeping the possibility to block the road longer than planned.

They need too to increase the global distance of the rally close to 400 km (or even more if FIA allows it), or to do the race on two days / two and half (half would be some night stages) days, to have longer days.

I hope they will learn ... because there's place in WRC for such kind of round, with loooong stages. Moreover here, where's the road are challenging, and there's so much corners and change of rythm.
    Agree for the full 100%, Corsica and his long interesting stages is a welcome event in the WRC-calendar.

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts
    I am not sure if this was shared here.

Tour of Corsica under fire after tough WRC return last weekend:
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121161

13. Likes: AL14 (5th October 2015),lewalcindor (5th October 2015)
    Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by makinen_fan View Post
    I am not sure if this was shared here.

Tour of Corsica under fire after tough WRC return last weekend:
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121161
    Ogier actually sounds reasonable here.
    His brawling style earned him a reputation as the meanest man in boxing. He is said to have knocked out a woman ... and a horse ... EACH, with one punch.