Page 307 of 439 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357407 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 4386
    Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    I don't think VW will let Latvala go, mainly because he could be a threat for them if he joins Toyota or Ford (again). If Latvala has some time that everything goes right, he is as quick as Ogier, if not quicker.
    Do you really think after all these years Latvala will suddenly learn to be a consistent threat?

2. Likes: Miika (18th July 2015),pantealex (20th July 2015)
    Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85 View Post
    Do you really think after all these years Latvala will suddenly learn to be a consistent threat?
    Maybe not consistent threat, but if he happens across the right set up, you have a rally without too many early morning stages, the wind is blowing in the right direction, a fortune teller tells him that he's going to be alright and what ever team he goes to gets a feng shui expert to arrange the motorhome, he could beat Ogier. If you were VW, why would you open the door for this possibility when there realistically isn't a much better option available for them to fill his seat?

4. Likes: andyone (23rd July 2015),AndyRAC (19th July 2015)
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Agreed. He's one of the few guys who can go toe to toe with Ogier on a good day. Yet he's the perfect number 2 driver. Ogier knows he has the complete measure of him across the season. Zero intimidation from Latvala.

He will score you points. Honestly VW don't need to have an uber consistent second driver if they've got Ogier. And if his head ever completely falls off they can just switch in Mikkelsen for a round or two. The manufacturer title will fall into their lap regardless.

On the flipside - if Latvala does ever want to further his career he either needs to leave VW to try and shake things up. Either that or wait for Ogier to leave. Which may or may not happen.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    On the flipside - if Latvala does ever want to further his career he either needs to leave VW to try and shake things up. Either that or wait for Ogier to leave. Which may or may not happen.
    Honestly I believe VW is perfect for him right now. He only have to wait for his "moments", not being too eager to win everything at all cost. I'm not sure he can handle kind of team leader position in another team, but I might be wrong of course....
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Agreed. He's one of the few guys who can go toe to toe with Ogier on a good day. Yet he's the perfect number 2 driver. Ogier knows he has the complete measure of him across the season. Zero intimidation from Latvala.

He will score you points. Honestly VW don't need to have an uber consistent second driver if they've got Ogier. And if his head ever completely falls off they can just switch in Mikkelsen for a round or two. The manufacturer title will fall into their lap regardless.

Totally disagree with you, just look at the drivers standings at the moment - Mikkelsen is leading Latvala by 17 points and has not scored on only once when Latvala, VW's no. 2 driver, has not scored 3 times! He is too inconsistent to be a perfect points scorer IMHO. He's fast but just can't stand the pressure.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    I think the crash in Sweden this year has been a turning point of his career.
    Latvala did a very good 2014. After portugal he had 29 points to Ogier and he arrived in Spain with almost the same gap. Despite the usual stupid mistakes (Germany especially) he had finally improved, made a step more both in the mental side and in the driving (last year was clearly smoother).

This year he had high expectations because when you make a step ahead you are looking make another one and that other step maybe would have allowed him to accomplish his dream.
    That off in Sweden was the end of that. Without it he could have been leading the event. He worked very very hard with his mental trainer and with the car and after 2 rounds he was at the same point as before.

That is not easy to swallow and now it is difficult, if not impossible, to come back like he was in 2014 knowing that in that case it won't be enough either.
    In the last rallys I saw him a bit surrend-ish. I think inside him he knows Ogier is too strong. Let's see if he can work it out but it is very difficult and time is not on his side anymore.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Totally disagree with you, just look at the drivers standings at the moment - Mikkelsen is leading Latvala by 17 points and has not scored on only once when Latvala, VW's no. 2 driver, has not scored 3 times! He is too inconsistent to be a perfect points scorer IMHO. He's fast but just can't stand the pressure.
    I never said Latvala is a perfect points scorer - I said he's the perfect number 2 driver for VW/Ogier right now. When you have the dominant car/driver combination like VW do then why would you rock the boat? Jari can have a mediocre year and they will still pick up the manufacturers title.

If they actually had to fight for it then some of his results this year would be an issue. I stand by everything I said in my previous post.

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Jarkko Nikara is replacing Jari Ketomaa with the DMack Fiesta R5 in Finland, according to rumors. Anyone can confirm? Looks like great news!

Liked 670 Times in 323 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Jarkko Nikara is replacing Jari Ketomaa with the DMack Fiesta R5 in Finland, according to rumors. Anyone can confirm? Looks like great news!
    Its been on the front page of WRC.com for a few hours now..

That's hardly a 'rumour'....

12. Likes: tommeke_B (20th July 2015)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    Its been on the front page of WRC.com for a few hours now..

That's hardly a 'rumour'....
    Great! Not following WRC.com as mostly their "news" is no news. ,)

14. Likes: janvanvurpa (20th July 2015)