Page 297 of 439 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347397 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 4386
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Makinen, Jouhki to select drivers... seems the autism of the japanese still holds. lets see how fast they are going down with those choices they make.

Liked 2,849 Times in 1,617 Posts
    Seems selection of drivers already is made. Don´t impress me. However saying JML to join Toyota after being sacked by VW would make you so upset I dont dare shouting it out loud...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 58 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    I don't think Latvala will be happy at his age to have a 1 year break. I think he would do it only if it would be his only option.
    Btw, I could say a stupid thing but I suspect he needs a car like Citroen, maybe a bit faster than it is now but still a car that would force him to change his driving style like Ostberg did.
    But its coasting ostberg he is under peforming now better toyota

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Liked 1,370 Times in 713 Posts
    """Nobody from TMG was available for comment when AUTOSPORT contacted Cologne, but sources within TMG say the company will continue with its development programme of its own Yaris WRC"""

What is the plan; to continue along two axis, is TMG gone, or will Makinen take a position at TMG?

Liked 79 Times in 24 Posts
    …owns mäkinen still this workshop near jyväskylä? for me it looks quite big for just preparing group n/r4 subaru’s.
    but I don’t think they have the same infrastructure like TMG at cologne?!

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andyone View Post
    But its coasting ostberg he is under peforming now better toyota
    Underperforming? I don't think so. He wasn't better than now before he joined Citroen.
    But it doesn't count, Ostberg didn't need to change his style, Latvala does.

BTW with Citroen or with Toyota Latvala has barely no more chances to win a championship, and I say "barely" just because I'm a dreamer and a bit naive.

7. Likes: andyone (7th July 2015)
    Liked 149 Times in 33 Posts
    There is no way in hell that Toyota would base itself in Finland. If Makinen takes a leading role it'll be from Cologne. And Jouhki as the puppet master... Well... I hope this is an old April fools joke that came out too late.
    http://wrcbehindthestages.blogspot.com

9. Likes: AndyRAC (6th July 2015),bearclaw (6th July 2015),N.O.T (10th July 2015)
    Liked 1,263 Times in 684 Posts
    I find it all bizarre. Is Akio Toyoda trying to hurry the project up? But are Toyota in Japan/ Cologne are taking their time? We know they are careful with money, after the F1 disaster. If you have a facility like Cologne, which can manage WRC, WEC programmes at the same time, then you'd surely use it.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    """Nobody from TMG was available for comment when AUTOSPORT contacted Cologne, but sources within TMG say the company will continue with its development programme of its own Yaris WRC"""

What is the plan; to continue along two axis, is TMG gone, or will Makinen take a position at TMG?
    Certainly there will not be a Yaris from TMG and another car from Tommi Makinen Racing. Gazoo was founded as one of the Toyota motorsport subsidiaries (like TRD, TOM'S or TMG) but now is the head of the Toyota Group motorsport activities. http://ms.toyota.co.jp/jp/

The WEC prototypes are entered by Toyota Gazoo Racing even if they're entirely developed in Germany by TMG, with the operative partnership of Oreca.

Probably TMR will be the operative partner for TMG in WRC (with Toyota money he can easily mount an operation outside Finland) or simply he has been invited to coordinate the TMG WRC project and another external structure will run the cars for them (Oreca is already rallying TMG drivers in WRC2 and WRC3).

Soon we'll found out. IMO it's great to see a multiple world rally champion in Toyota's ranks!
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Not sure that article is 100% accurate. Maybe heard (or someone misinterpreted) a bad rumour?

I'm sure Makinen Racing have a decent set-up but whatever they've got is basically a garden shed compared to TMG's facilities in Cologne - a place where current F1 teams go to get work done. No shortage of room in that factory either by the sounds of it.

Tommi at the helm of the team would be superb however.