Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
    Liked 11,193 Times in 4,442 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    IMHO Bergkvist was deserving it more than Armstrong, but for sure Barrable deserves it even more. Well, true Armstrong won most of the stages first day, but somehow Bergkvist was more spectacular from what I see from the onboards.
    Not sure if serious...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    too much talk about some prize that doesn't matter at all and nobody will remember in 3 days...

3. Likes: Rallyper (7th April 2015)
    Liked 9,387 Times in 4,996 Posts
    IMHO Bergkvist was deserving it more than Armstrong. Well, true Armstrong won most of the stages first day, but somehow Bergkvist was more spectacular from what I see from the onboards.

EDIT: anyway I hadn't chance to watch the reports, so there is a chance my opinion not to be complete.
    You cant be more 'flat-out' than someone else if they are faster... just being spectacular means nothing.

You must be fast and spectacular, like Chris Ingram who won the CMR Trophy here in 2014.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Not sure if serious...
    well I watched only 3 onboards from the rally, it looked like that to me
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

In terms of the Circuit of Ireland as a whole, it's great to see all the discussion about the achievements of the drivers and no more griping about foreign drivers not able to attend, or the local drivers not competing in the International (ERC) section.

The foreign drivers came and thoroughly enjoyed the challenge and the Irish & Brits have finally been able to afford the modern machinery (R5s etc) to take part.

The event was always fantastic in terms of its long history and the driving thrill of its roads. But now its has the driver participation to match, it truly deserves its place in a major rally championship.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 11,193 Times in 4,442 Posts
    well I watched only 3 onboards from the rally, it looked like that to me
    That was not the point. My point was that speed is not measured by spectacle which is purely subjective thing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    In terms of the Circuit of Ireland as a whole, it's great to see all the discussion about the achievements of the drivers and no more griping about foreign drivers not able to attend, or the local drivers not competing in the International (ERC) section.

The foreign drivers came and thoroughly enjoyed the challenge and the Irish & Brits have finally been able to afford the modern machinery (R5s etc) to take part.

The event was always fantastic in terms of its long history and the driving thrill of its roads. But now its has the driver participation to match, it truly deserves its place in a major rally championship.
    The event is great but the result system was a farce. The organizers must solve the timing issue for the next time because every second tier event in my country has way better and more reliable timing than 2015 CoI had.
    Last edited by Mirek; 7th April 2015 at 20:53.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    My point was that speed is not measured by spectacle
    True. From what I saw from onboards though, Bergkvist style is little different, seemed more on the limit on some fast corners with some mud, it seemed little risky too, but probably this event requires "something else", while Armstrong on some slow corners seemed to drive very slow and not knowing how to get out of it. But I repeat again may be just some "moments" in the whole "picture".
    For sure Armstrong was the faster of these two.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Where are these onboards? Can you show the links?

Thanks a lot

The event is great but the result system was a farce. The organizers must solve the timing issue for the next time because every second tier event in my country has way better and more reliable timing than 2015 CoI had.
    It was poor and unacceptable, especially in a country in which rallying is almost the national sport. I hope there will be an investigation and no repeat in future.

Thankfully, at least following the rally online, there were end of stage times from Rally Radio and some excellent twitter feeds. I also found http://www.rallyscore.net/ wasn't so bad with split times available on all but the short street stages.
    #M-SPORTER

BTW, anyone found pic of a higher jump than this on the CoI ?

S.Moffett
    #M-SPORTER

12. Likes: Mirek (7th April 2015)