Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    Just on the plane now, all set for the off, I arrive in Nairobi late this evening then recce starts tomorrow. We'll see how the weather is.....

Have fun, and good luck to both of you !!!
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 585 Times in 217 Posts
    Thanks guys!

We picked the car up this afternoon and there are still lots of little issues with it which is on the list to do tomorrow. But nothing which will stop it passing scrutineering (we hope!) first thing tomorrow. Then we'll bring it back and get it fully sorted out.

So we only got to recce SS1/3 today, we have copies of notes from another crew and they look good, we will just need to be a bit cautious on the very fast bits.

I'll get on my laptop tomorrow night and put a few photos up here.

3. Likes: Jeppe (2nd April 2015)
    A long and tiring first day but it had a lot of waiting around, which was pretty annoying, then the road section times were so tight we were flat out on the roads as well, we and a number of others have put a complaint in to the stewards about it.

Had a steady run through SS1, no mishaps and just getting used to the car and how much better it is than last year. We developed a misfire which has got steadily worse through the day, and also seemingly a faulty oil pressure gauge which is why Geoff backed off quite a bit, he'd considered stopping at a few points. Not a good run through the SS2 superspecial, we'd not done a recce of it so had no idea where we were going, I didn't think I did so well on the notes but we did sort it out, had a small overshoot at a hairpin.

SS3 was a repeat of SS1 and the light was fading quite a bit by this time as we had a 90 minute regroup. We were quite lucky that we got through before the rain hit and swamped the service area. We really enjoyed the stage and thought it was the best we drove all day, Geoff really had the car dancing through a few bends and really enjoying it. However, we stopped when a car ahead had stopped and blocked the road, someone was out waving and it looked like they needed help so we stopped, I was about to jump out, but he opened the door and said to go around, cost us about 30 seconds. Geoff then overshot a jump into medium left through a narrow gate. We then had to slow right down to avoid a herd of Zebra!
    We then got caught by the following car so had to pull over to let him past, then say in thick dust for about a kilometre before it cleared. After all this we were only 15s slower than the first run.

Back in Nairobi now, restarting about 6:15 with a 200km road section to take us up to the stages further north. Looking forward to it, will have to see how the conditions are. The first two stages we did last year, but haven't done recce for any of them this year, so are trusting the notes that we managed to copy.... The adventure continues!
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Oh and we're not last!!!

Online live tracking is available at http://track.futuresystems.co.ke/mob/Dashboard.aspx
    Username kcbrally
    Password 2015Rally (case sensitive)

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Chathe wins, Duncan second by 13 seconds.
    http://www.nation.co.ke/sports/Jaspr...i/-/index.html

We managed to get to the finish, and not last in class and not last overall!'
    Amazing event, felt really tough and we had lots and lots of problems to overcome and very changeable weather and a few bits of really really nasty mud.

I'm feeling fantastic, really happy to get there and we had a great time, everyone here is very friendly and always enjoying themselves, and always happy to help out. We did this on a very small budget and it's mainly thanks to our service crew that we even got to the start, never mind the finish. Every time we arrived with a problem it was sorted out quickly and easily.

I'll get some photos put up later, but sleep awaits.........
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Likes: Hartusvuori (7th April 2015),Jeppe (5th April 2015),pantealex (8th April 2015),vino_93 (8th April 2015)