Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Iīm sorry but it has been 9 years and in those years they have got some good cars and he didnīt deliver either and assuming that the problem is the car there is no reason for making him such a hero until he get at least a championship, plus a driver always can push a team forward and he didnīt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I highly doubt Hendrick will give up Mears. they were fitting to get him for at least 2 years and the cars they said they've given him, he doesn't like, Hendrick will give him newer cars suited to Mears.

so I think Hendrick is out of the question with Jr., you got to be thinking if Yeley is in hot water in the 18 or if Jr. will go to the 33 for RCR
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LINCE
    Iīm sorry but it has been 9 years and in those years they have got some good cars and he didnīt deliver either and assuming that the problem is the car there is no reason for making him such a hero until he get at least a championship, plus a driver always can push a team forward and he didnīt
    all you have to do is look at Jr's record to see that he has performed very well in his career.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy_AL
    A driver is only as good as the car he drives.
    I believe that saying goes both ways. Car is only as good as the driver. After all he is the Pilot of that rocket.

For the past couple of years Jr's mind has not been with racing.
    The Only True Triple Crown Winner-- Al Unser Sr. 1978- Indy 500, Pocono 500, Ontario 500

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    all you have to do is look at Jr's record to see that he has performed very well in his career.
    Yes but he does not push his car as hard as some others do out on the track that get to victory lane week in week out.
    The Only True Triple Crown Winner-- Al Unser Sr. 1978- Indy 500, Pocono 500, Ontario 500

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    Iīm not saying he is a bad driver but he is not the best out there in 2004 he had a very good car championship material, but that didnīt materialize.
    He is a good driver and I will never say he isnīt but he is not the best one nor should he be the more popular or have that kind of following and that kind of following and demands just must get after a championship.
    He is being treated like the Danica Patrick of Nascar and he deserves so much better than that
    Plus Iīm not against him switching teams what I hate is reading about people thinking and wishing that a good team should disappear because of a single driver

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Im not saying that I think Jr is one of the top drivers... Im actually more of a Hendrick fan myself..... but I dont think DEI has kept up with the changing technology as a result of poor management and less financial support going into research and development. I believe Jr's career in recent yrs has been riddled with internal conflict, personal tragedies and media distractions. I think he has the talent & enthusiasm to be more successful than given credit. With the constant power struggles at DEI almost behind him, I am optimistic that he will become more consistent and focused on winning.
    Rammer~ Jammer ~Yellow Hammer ~
    Give 'em Hell Alabama!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LINCE
    Iīm not saying he is a bad driver but he is not the best out there in 2004 he had a very good car championship material, but that didnīt materialize.
    He is a good driver and I will never say he isnīt but he is not the best one nor should he be the more popular or have that kind of following and that kind of following and demands just must get after a championship.
    He is being treated like the Danica Patrick of Nascar and he deserves so much better than that
    Plus Iīm not against him switching teams what I hate is reading about people thinking and wishing that a good team should disappear because of a single driver

I'm not wishing anything negative on DEI. Teresa has taken care of that part. If she won't release the purse strings to beef up the racing side of it, and she hasn't and probably won't, she'll seal the fate of DEI all by herself. Letting Jr go is only a part of the big picture.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt