Threaded View

Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    I never praised the french system or the FFSA... in general i avoid praising people, teams, cars... the over glorification of things is something i despise. I only give respect when its due and for the right reasons, not because someone is from the same country as i am, not because i own a car from a manufacturer in the WRC and not because i met a driver once and he gave me his autograph and was nice to me...

I am just being honest and i speak the truth, i understand that most people cannot stand so much negativity because they already have enough during their sad days in this world and they probably come in here to cheer up and i spoil the fun... but i prefer to be honest, at least in that way you know what you are dealing with.

and the truth on this matter is that all these years the series were under the control of the managers that fed useless doggies to the WRC... i mean you have to be semi retarded to expect the best drivers to come from a country that has no idea what tarmac rallying is... but the managers paid the teams through sponsors and the teams were happy.... then the best driver in the history of motorsport came and teams realised that there is another way of doing things... and they followed that and we got Ogier now... think about it... Latvala through his managers and connections is in the sport for 10 years almost and Ogier comes again out of nowhere and ridicules him like a kid... if you cannot see somethign REALLY wrong with that picture you are just a star trek person... which is not necessarily a bad thing...maybe.
    I have to agree , but the reason why we have 'two frogs' dominating the sport is real competition in France .I was at the Rallye Du Var in 2012 i couldn't get over the amount of 'one make series' going on .
    You had an R1 Class - The Renault Twingo Cup , ninteen entries - and one Ford Fiesta
    The R2 Class :Renault Twingo R2 Cup , ten entries - and four other entries in different makes
    The R3 class : thirty seven entries in total !
    Peugeot 207 RC R3T cup :twelve cars
    Citroën DS3 R3T cup : twelve cars
    Renault Clio R3 Cup : seven cars
    other makes : six cars
    There are other cups going on on other French events in R1 and R2 classes etc , and why is this ? because France has three Car manufacturers - Peugeot , Citroën, and Renault so they are all competing against each other so young drivers get a chance . You dont have this in any other country.
    And N.O.T your correct in saying that Latvala is being 'shoved on to us' he has more rallying done and yet he still is not a great driver - he is in the best car but most of the time cant get it over the line . In Germany 2014 when he had the Rally in his hand he decided to making wine instead !
    You said Oj ridicules him - correct - At the Monte a few weeks ago i was in Sospel at regroup before the last stage and Latvala asked Ogier what was his time in the last stage ? response was ' ten faster then you ' .... just to mess with his head .
    Wilson and all these managers etc have alot to answer for - more interested in what a doggie as you call them will bring to the team in the form of money- no interest in bringing a talented driver to the team .
    Last edited by irish_tiger; 12th February 2015 at 03:45.

2. Likes: AdvEvo (12th February 2015),nafpaktos (13th February 2015)