Threaded View

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbetty View Post
    Mercedes
    We have been hearing things like their engine having a 100bhp advantage. There is a lot of hype going on here.
    Wasn't far from the truth actually!

But my instinct tells me that though Mercedes will duly enjoy their best season yet, there is still more hype than substance. I don't see them utterly dominating and Red Bull struggling.
    Man I REALLY need to work on my instincts. *massive facepalm*
    To be fair, how many times did Mercedes look good pre-season only to flatter to deceive come season proper? Every single time until this year.

All this means that it could well be Nico Rosberg who is professional enough to take up the fight. If the Mercedes is really as good as some hope, I see him getting the WDC job done this year.
    I was so sure of this, I'd have put money on him if I had it. Late season I did, so lost out.

He seems a driver who does better in a better car and comes ahead of Lewis more through studious, diligent work and application than outright raw talent I feel. I mean imagine Nico winning in a pig of a car. His wins have all come from the front/been inherited. Lewis is still the one who transcends.
    Well that's kinda what most felt anyway? Nico did study his way to success this year, poring over Lewis' data like revising for an exam. It did the trick and helped him close the gap. I can't understand why Merc gave him that dossier if they were screwing him to support Lewis all along... Unless they weren't!

Nico surprised most of us last year with his closeness in pace and performance to Hamilton. This led to some hyperbole and stuff saying he was better than Hamilton. I've tried to be as objective as I can, but still fully believe that Hamilton did marginally the better job.
    This is still the case this year, and I still feel the same. Actually, I think Lewis was far more convincing against Nico than in 2013, reading between the lines. Nico outqualified him many times but Lewis simply lacking pace was rare if not non-existent.

The WDC may be out of reach again (by a little or a lot?), the WCC can be a real possibilty.
    Well got the WCC right but not the WDC.

Ferrari
    Another season, another set of hopes for the titles. This is beginning to look like the late 90's all over again. To be blunt, why are things going to be different this time? ...If anything, major regulation changes are prime conditions for the scud to lose yet more ground.
    Called it right. *feels pleased with self*

Alonso and Raikkonen could find themselves consigned to 4th and 5th places this season with not too many podiums.
    Nailed it.

...even if the worst happens, they should be fairly safe in 3rd in the constructors.
    Aw had to spoil the good run with that...
    Last edited by rjbetty; 28th November 2014 at 08:37.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.