Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    I don't see backing The Boss into the pack as being unfair, as long as he is not brake-checking him. It would mean two things; Nico either out qualified him, or has beaten him off he line (or otherwise passed him) and has earned the right to control the race from the front.
    Then you risk getting taken out, even if it's by accident. It doesn't matter how you get crashed because either way you don't win the title. The best bet is always to just race.

That, and I don't ant to see any cheap games. This is the world championship, not Nascar.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    The most important thing this weekend is that the drivers are fair and that Nico doesn't try and take Lewis out again or try backing him into the pack so as someone can steal 3rd from him so I think it's important for Hamilton to get pole here and lead from the front.
    Backing a driver into traffic isn't really illegal or even unfair. It is pretty genious driving tactic if done well and well within the rules if you can hold the other guy up cleanly without pushing off the track. I remember what Ferrari did in 1997 Suzuka. The mind still blows about how exactly did they do it, but Irvine was fast when needed, held up when needed, and Schumacher won. Or Malaysia 1999, when Schumacher held up Häkkinen all race long, so that Irvine could win.

However, with DRS and two very long straights in Abu Dhabi it is almost nigh impossible to deliberately hold another driver up, who has the same engine , so there it goes...

I mentioned "same engine", because Mercedes advantage over Ferrari/Renault power units is so significant they may indeed hold them up if they wanted, because they can't get top speed advantage even with an open DRS...

3. Likes: journeyman racer (22nd November 2014)
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon View Post
    Wishing a good time to Bottas so he would finish fourth in the champiohship!
    To be honest, I'd also like to see Bottas ending up fourth in the championship. What a great season he has had, a somewhat underdog driver against great champions like Vettel and Alonso. I think Williams will go well in Abu Dhabi, so only misfortune is likely to prevent him from clinching that P4. However, Williams sometimes stumbles, which the recent Bottas race in Brazil also shows.

5. Likes: rjbetty (20th November 2014)
    Just remember another "backing up" case. Schumacher at Imola 2006, when he deliberately started driving slowly to force Alonso to change his strategy. The chasing pack (Montoya, Massa, etc) were all closing in, so that Alonso had no other option than to make an early pitstop, assuming that Schumacher had a car problem and couldn't waste his time there. But then Schumacher sped up again and won the race. That was a brilliant bit of strategy.

About Abu Double. Hope to see the race, though I dislike double points rule. But when I think that Hamilton is leading the championship going into finale and needs a certain result (not a win) to secure the title, it automatically brings flashbacks to 2007 and 2008. Hopefully something exciting will happen again!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens View Post
    Just remember another "backing up" case. Schumacher at Imola 2006, when he deliberately started driving slowly to force Alonso to change his strategy. The chasing pack (Montoya, Massa, etc) were all closing in, so that Alonso had no other option than to make an early pitstop, assuming that Schumacher had a car problem and couldn't waste his time there. But then Schumacher sped up again and won the race. That was a brilliant bit of strategy.

About Abu Double. Hope to see the race, though I dislike double points rule. But when I think that Hamilton is leading the championship going into finale and needs a certain result (not a win) to secure the title, it automatically brings flashbacks to 2007 and 2008. Hopefully something exciting will happen again!
    There is no way it will be simple.

He will make an error somewhere and put the pressure on himself.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

8. Likes: rjbetty (20th November 2014)
    Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Nico needs to win ,Lewis only needs second !
    If Nico tries to back Lewis into the pack .?
    As soon as Nico drops off the pace ,Lewis will be long gone !
    If Lewis has no reliability problems ,then I can't see it going wrong for him
    If Nico did become Champion,then it would be a bitter pill to swallow for many fans

Banned
    Lewis could always just take Nico out in the first corner. The internet would absolutely melt down!

"Why are you so upset, Nico? I was just proving a point!"
    Last edited by Doc Austin; 19th November 2014 at 02:58.

Liked 648 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    Then you risk getting taken out, even if it's by accident. It doesn't matter how you get crashed because either way you don't win the title. The best bet is always to just race.

That, and I don't ant to see any cheap games. This is the world championship, not Nascar.
    Dawg a lot of other scenarios could play out and another one than the one I'm referring to IS MORE LIKELY. IF it came into play it could be Nico's last/only tactic left for him (if he can even get ahead of Da' Boss). If he didn't try it he will be ridiculed for not doing everything within the rules to whup The Boss.
    Best to see if straight racing can win him game, set, and match, IF NOT HE WILL, AND WELL SHOULD TRY SOMETHING EXTRAORDINARY mate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQsZujjZWs0
    May the forza be with you

Liked 42 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    If Nico did become Champion,then it would be a bitter pill to swallow for many fans

I can see an issue if Nico gets it with double points but I would think even Nico would not want to win the championship with that dynamic.

Both drivers "lost" the championship long ago. Either of them could have established a championship winning lead but they failed.

Aside from dyed in the wool "Miltons", I don't see why people would complain about a Rosberg World Championship.

As long as double points doesn't factor in the final result then either will be a worthy champion and deserving of the result.

If we see double points enter the equation then that will be the bitter pill we all swallow.

Legal challenge anyone?

13. Likes: RS (19th November 2014),Tazio (19th November 2014)
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Best to see if straight racing can win him game, set, and match, IF NOT HE WILL, AND WELL SHOULD TRY SOMETHING EXTRAORDINARY mate
    We've seen championships won like that before, but I certainly don't endorse that kind of behavior. I just think if something like that happens this time that the internet reaction would be priceless.

15. Likes: Tazio (19th November 2014)