Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,809 Times in 1,691 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaCo View Post
    No restart for Breen?
    He is normally doing second leg. But on first stage of Saturday you must searching from bottom, not top...

Liked 3,809 Times in 1,691 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liposh View Post
    And what are the possibilities? :-D Both Kopecky and Lappi are under contract. I don´t know who will drive which championship, but both are "powerful weapons" for European championship. ...and Skoda will present its R5 in ERC, there is no doubt. So do you, Pluto, know about somebody else? Third driver? Will be Wiegand replaced? Or is Wiegand also under contract?
    I think this is question to the different thread, not Corse 2014...

Liked 352 Times in 184 Posts
    Breen and Kajto had problems already on first stage of today again, Kajto finally retired ... Breen still driving.

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    There's no need to be petulant, Mirek merely pointed out that he had crashed too much.

I expect that if Kopecky had been here he would have won the title again this year.

I do think Lappi has improved this year though, and hopefully will continue to do so next year.
    I´m not. Only sarcastic. Lappi won the championship. That´s the fact. His performance in this rally doesn´t count for him, which may have been one reason for going off.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rage82 View Post
    You are maybe right about Breen, but Abbring is very fast and he hasn't a single crash this year I think!
    Statistics maybe, but Abbring hasn´t done maybe more than half of the stages this year.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaCo View Post
    Wasn't Malghaes a much faster driver in the past?
    Yep, Magalhães used to be faster. Lets be fair: he still got the speed but he's no longer a pro (Peugeot Sport Portugal team stopped a few years ago), and as a privateer budget restrictions makes him to get less courses and less testing. And you need lots of Kms at the wheel to keep a top level. We can also question if his Delta 208 is as fast as those of SaintéLoc (doubt it). Either way, maybe he could look at Abbring's example and make a step back into the 208 Cup. He's still in time to revitalize his career. Best luck to him!

Btw: great job from Camili, another young french talent. Amazing to see how France is replacing Finland as rally drivers top force!
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    Would be nice to Loix doing ERC, would be a nice crown for his career which he deserves I think.
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Some thoughts from my side:
    - Sarrazin ++ (with ''0'' stage km leading against European top drivers, very remarkable achievement)
    - Bouffier + (everything less than top three position would be disappointment)
    - Abbring + (personally I expected for him to be in a fight for a victory-he was always leading rallies until P208T16 broke down. Maybe he deliberately loosend his pace to finish the rally...who knows...)
    - Camilli ++ (I don't know the driver-is he a local guy??; anyway he is much faster than some regular EC drivers..)
    - Dumas ++ (surprise; to beat Magalhaes & Leandri with 2WD circuit car on so twisty rally - excellent performance by him)
    - Magalhaes - - (just look his lag behind front runners, losing constantly....)
    - Crungola ++ (well, young Italian driver is very very fast, sometimes very close to R3 top driver Guglielmi)
    - Lappi - ( I know he was driving without pressure /already champion/, but if he was pushing, he was still behind Sar & Buff, and than crashing....he is a lucky guy this season, not the fastest one, with some offs, but still a champion..)

9. Likes: HaCo (8th November 2014)
    Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    Crugnola upped his pace this year very good in Junior ERC but it seems Lefebvre is holding off just for getting that title home, it would be another story when Lefebvre would drive like he always does. And Crugnola with all his experience (lots of rallies done already in Italy and abroad) in mountain rallies, it's good to win but also not so surprising. Sarrazin had Cevennes done 2 weeks ago, a very good test for Corse. Camilli is not a Corsican but from Marseille and is hugely talented if you look to his results this year

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    I agree Ucci.
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.