Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Rosberg: a dull move that created a nasty situation. His silly post race comments trying to push the blame into his team mate have just added fuel to the fire.

A honourable mention to the idiots jumping on the illogical side of all this. I'm happy to accept points or a time out for that one

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Not sure about this type of thread. Hence, I usually don't post. But I'll give Vettel a special mention for avoiding the track a often as he did. he must've been watching the V8 Supercars at Eastern Creek earlier in the day! (They were doing it. Why can't I?)

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    I'm happy to accept points or a time out for that one
    Really lol ?
    United in diversity !!!

I'll give the points to Lewis and in hindsight not be so mild

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    I'm going to nominate Pastor, simply out of habit.

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Hamilton. Without question. The race and the spin emanating from him and his acolytes post race is a measure of the man. He should have just grown a pair and finished the race as best as he could, rather than speeding back to the pits, ensuring that his deflated tyre shredded and flailed the under-tray was - at best - a rookie mistake but more likely the act of a petulant hot-head fuming that his usual tactic of forcing a yield or crash scenario didn't work this time. Pleading to be alowed to quit and sulk is unbecoming for someone at the tip of the sport.

Rosberg telegraphed his intentions before the race that he wasn't going to be suckered into the yield or crash thing (a la Bahrain) and the Hamilton apologists are all surprised that he did what he said he would. I have tried to like Hamilton but I just cant. Undoubtedly a gifted race driver, a natural if you will. But this implies that he is instinctive so when his brain enters the equation then much angst ensues. I can't wait until he leaves F1. The world will be better for it.

This post isn't simply flame-bait. I have read a lot on the internets from many sources regarding this incident and I see a pattern is forming. Ask Alonzo, Button and now Rosberg.

7. Likes: Big Ben (28th August 2014),ShiftingGears (27th August 2014)

Donkey of the Race - Spa

Wow, I can't understand how Hamilton can be blamed for this latest incident at all. I also can't understand how any body would look forward to him leaving the sport either. Each to their own, but it's drivers like this that make F1 worth watching, surely? He's been hated since he was in GP2 and I've read it all.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    Wow, I can't understand how Hamilton can be blamed for this latest incident at all. I also can't understand how any body would look forward to him leaving the sport either. Each to their own, but it's drivers like this that make F1 worth watching, surely? He's been hated since he was in GP2 and I've read it all.
    Well, going back a few years, but he is black you know

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Henners, as a driver he is one of the few of the current crop that could be called "brilliant" without resorting to hyperbole. It's the attendant mellodrama and pouting that seems to follow him wherever he goes that has worn me out. It's old and predictable and when someone calls his bluff it always ends in duck-lips and strained relations.

11. Likes: donKey jote (28th August 2014)

Donkey of the Race - Spa

Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousEccles View Post
    Henners, as a driver he is one of the few of the current crop that could be called "brilliant" without resorting to hyperbole. It's the attendant mellodrama and pouting that seems to follow him wherever he goes that has worn me out. It's old and predictable and when someone calls his bluff it always ends in duck-lips and strained relations.
    He is sulky, but I feel in many situations he has been more reserved than I would have been. I just don't know how to discuss amongst people who constantly bash the bloke, he lost out in Spa through no fault of his own and had a few strong words after wards, so what? He attracts drama I suppose because he's a hard racer and isn't afraid to go wheel to wheel with a team mate. You need respect in that situation and we know both these guys like to push the limits and each other off track, but they don't expect to take each other out.

He's also not the only sulky driver. Look at Vettel, Rosberg, Alonso, they have all whinged in the press but don't get the kick back Hamilton seems to. It makes discussing things amongst fans very difficult. A brilliant driver that you can't wait to leave F1? That doesn't sound good for the sports appeal to me.
    Last edited by henners88; 27th August 2014 at 10:48.

13. Likes: steveaki13 (27th August 2014),The Black Knight (27th August 2014),truefan72 (27th August 2014)