Threaded View

Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts

To Jost Capito: Regarding the layout of the WRC

Dear Mr Capito

I have met You only once - at the launch of the Ford Focus ST at Le Catsellet - where You told me that the ST was a dolphin and an RS the shark.
    There where a lot of journalists present over a number of days, so I dont expect You to remember me, but I remember being impressed by Your detailed knowledge of motorsports regarding to drivers, classes, different disiplines, etc. Even tough I had read up on Your vey impressive CV, wich You are building on at this very moment.

I understand that there are some challenging times getting to an agreement regarding the set up/lay out of the WRC, especially in context of the TV broadcasts.
    I will present an idea to a layout wich I think could please both parties, and make rallying a greater spectacle for the TV audience and the fans in general.

Concept:
    Split each rally in two seperate parts.

Part one: Endurance
    This is the rally proper. Multiple stages. Hard. Tough. Long. Day. Night. Etc.
    Points given out.
    On TV: Summary each day/evening.

Part two: SuperStage
    One stage run as a seperate event with seperate points.
    The SuperStage is run as the only stage on the last day of the rally.
    The SuperStage should facilitate for a lot of spectators, and be made in to an event of its own (like the Fafe etc)
    On TV: Start with summary of the rally proper with Best Of moments. And then some feature stuff, live from the Service Park, etc. Then Live stage, with split times etc.

Bonus: With the physics engine of the Richard Burns Rally as a starting point, an online rally game is developed called "WRC Superstage" (it must be a simulator, not an arcade). Here the rally fans can compete in real time on the SuperStage, with big prizes etc. (Online competing in real time is an old idea from the times of David Richards, but have never come to fruition.)
    Last edited by Lundefaret; 4th May 2014 at 11:24.