Well, first of all I have to apologise for being totally ignorant on this subject as I have not followed F1 for two years (for logistal and very personal reasons).
I did hear on today's radio that Red Bull claims there have been issues with this fuel flow meter with other teams. So I would ask here: 1) Did Lewis Hamilton's and Seb Vettel's retirements have anything to do with loss of power as a result of these fuel flow meters?
2) Did any other teams experience loss of power as a result of the fuel flow meters not working properly?
3) who designed the fuel flow meter, who manufactured these meters, and were these meters manufactured under an FIA contract, or a contract run by one of the teams?

I simply cannot understand the reason for these fuel flow meters if all cars were limited to 100kg of fuel - there must be some very good reason that I don't know of.

Many of my friends here will remember that I have always advocated the elimination of all on board computers and electrical devices. Just have the battery connected to the spark and to teh starter (for safety reasons the latter).

This way, the cost of F1 teams will plummet like a lead balloon, and the F1 competition will pit the driving abilities of 30 of the best drivers in the world directly against each other. Now what could be better than that?