Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
And that's what I personally don't get.. Who cares about the cars, as long as the racing is great it's fine... Right? Everyone is so excited about the F1 cars and I enjoyed the Sonoma race enormously and I took a nap during the F1 race at Spa, which is according to so many people, so unbelievably exciting.. Having that said, those IndyCars have at least a great sound, it reminds me of the 80's Formula One and in Super Speedway trim, the car looks awesome in my opinion. I agree that the road/street course-short oval car is quite ugly due to the bumpers..
Who cares about cars? Great sound? ( yep ,especially when they hit rev limiter) See there is a problem right there. I do see that your passion for this sort of thing exceeds rational judgment that you don't see why people don't care. Indycar is and always was about innovative car, machine of speed and man able to bring it to the edge . I'm sorry to say that present Indycar is not. I was at Indy twice this year. I was in Milwaukee whole weekend, and will tell you that cars are slow, look and sound terrible. Boring spec club period. Some here of .2 group will definitely agree with you and others like me won't. Nothing personal ,just want to see Indycar back to glory days, but everyone knows that current formula wont get us there. Current Indycar has been rejected from the fans and motorsport industry, and whatever happy spin they put on it numbers don't lie . I hope to see you at a track some day so you can see and hear for yourself.