Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano
Jag_Warrior, what brand/models are the tv and BR-player? or could you try to take a picture of the backside of both?
The TV is an old Samsung (1st gen HD?) rear projection 1080i set from probably 2000 or so. The Blu-ray & surround sound is a Panasonic SC-BTT490.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
If your Blu-Ray doesn't have analogue output (SCART, Component etc), which a lot of them don't for copy protection reasons, then you're stuffed without a converter. HDMI and SCART are totally different systems so there's no such thing as an adaptor or cable without active components in it - but honestly there's nothing to gain by going down that route.

You should find plenty of cheap TVs in the sales after xmas
Since the set is so old anyway, I'm kind of leaning in that direction. But I just had a color convergence chip put in it about six months ago, so I was hoping to make it last another year or so. Oh well... I just like to keep things until they break down completely: TV's, computers, cell phones, cars... girlfriends.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
TV without SCART? Not since the 80's!
It may. I just don't know what SCART is. If that refers to the standard A/V inputs and outputs, then I have those.

Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
Jag, google "hdmi to component conversion" and you should find what you're looking for
Thanks! Funny thing is, when I just did that, a converter came up from Best Buy... and I called them yesterday and the kid claimed that he didn't know anything about them! But the issue that I see is that several of them are going from $150 to over $300. Plus, I'm not sure what I need exactly, so it's looking like this TV may get donated to a local church for their rec/study room and I guess I'll just buy a new TV.