As we enter the service parc at the Poliforum our service crew are giving us thumbs. John rushes off to get scores and comes back with a sly smirk on his face. He hands me the sheet and yells “FIRST PLACE.” Apparently Bill Caswell had problems of his own on the long stage and could only make up a little bit of time on the last two short stages. Our final time was 3:24:20.8 and Bill’s was 3:24:41.2. We finished first place in two-wheel drive and second place overall in the Rally America category.

Our rally could not have been as successful if it wasn’t for the immense help we received from Ron Erickson and Rob Wright. Both were awesome as service crew. Also our team would like to thank our sponsors, Off Road Warehouse, Car Shop Inc, and Archway Import Autoparts, for their generous support.

If I had to describe Rally Mexico I would probably use two words, total insanity. The roads are crazy tough, harsh and dangerous, and even when you have problems and hate your car you’re foolish enough to want to do it all over again.