JEREZ RACE

I woke up this morning to find out that the weather turned out to be cold and wet, which made me a little more confident for the race because I knew , despite the bad qualifying of yesterday, I could do better.

I finished the warm up 3rd and we were ready to face a wet race in the afternoon.

Starting 30th in the grid for sure doesn't help a rider's confidence but I started the race with a great feeling after the warm up.

After just few laps I made up many positions and I was already 23rd a few minutes after the start.

Every lap I got better and better, finally reaching the 7th position with very fast lap times: I was ready to catch the rider in front of me.

Unfortunately my helmet started getting foggy because of a mistake with the front fender, which wasn't stopping the water coming up on to the exhaust headers, causing a lot of steam

that came straight to my helmet.

Soon after I wasn't able to see properly anymore, I couldn't find the braking points or see the track at all, risking to crash and I was unable to make the same lap times that I was doing before.

Consequentially I started loosing positions, until the race finished and I managed to hold on to the 11th place.

For sure still better then 30th were I started, but I am definitely not happy.