Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
So you want Kalkoven to just open up his bank account and fully fund PT for a season? Nice thought of you spending his money like that.

I suspect even with the ride buyers he has, he still is out of pocket a lot. Nothing wrong with KV to an extent that having more a little better engineering and management wouldn't cure. Jimmy does great work I am sure with helping whoever is behind the wheels, but I think they still need something with that team.

The fact is though, most teams are really struggling right now, and until ad budgets go up, and the IRL's popularity starts to grow, adversting agencies are not going to come to the IRL side pods with their clients. When THAT happens, then you will see a change in some of the drivers hired.

All in all I think this year is healthier actually for the quality of field.
What is missing with that team in my opinion is the subtraction of 1 full time car. I just feel they are substantially over extended. They did really well with 1 car and an unproven driver last year and when Tracy was with them he was the best non-Penske non_Ganassi car at his 2 planned events (on roads). Throw in Indy where Bell finished 4th and Tracy limped home in a damaged vehicle to 9th after running as high as 2nd and it is clear they know what it takes to have speed on different circuits. I think it is chemistry and over extension if resources.