Quote Originally Posted by WRC1
my pictures from iepres

http://www.rallyepics.at/bilder/rall...17ypernrallye/

must say i was a bit dissapointed how difficult it was to work as fotografer in belgium....

but the rallye itself was great and spectacular, the service park is the best i have ever seen and belgium as a country is very interesting with a lot of historic places!

reg

wrc1
Welcome to Belgium!

The ... safety rules (fill in the adjective yourself ) in that part of the country obliges that red/white tape at every corner, at least 10m away from the road. As it's described in the law as a "zone", it should be taped as a square, hence the tape along the road. However, the reason why they have to zigzag the tape in the zone escapes me. It's annoying for photographers, it slows down people who need to cross the area, it's more work to remove. the tape along the road is quite useless too, surely everyone understands where to stand with one bit of tape. I tried one of the press areas, I abandoned that idea soon enough, seems they though photographers like pics taken behind a concrete pole, tape and advertising signs. The only way to get something decent is avoiding them, and possibly the "public areas" too.

The rules are more relaxed in the south, you're more likely to see the opposite (although they're getting the hang of it too).