Quote Originally Posted by MDS
I love the idea that oval fans are there because they love the IRL sooo much, but in reality Chicago and Kansas are showing up because of the NASCAR "season ticket" package where a lot of NASCAR fans try to unload their tickets on the net or give them away to friends. Does Iowa get good crowds? Of course, but that's because its in Iowa. What else is there to do in Iowa on a summer weekend? Watch the corn grow? It's not like they have any A-level professional sport or entertainment of any kind in that state. Homestead is filled with smokers who show up because they get free tickets and can smoke outside
I'm not even sure what this garbage is trying to say.

But why on earth would these supposed NASCAR fans go to an IndyCar race if they have no reason for being there?

If I had tickets to a ballet yet I had no interest in ballet, I doubt I would use them.

But apparently you went to Chicago and Kansas and questioned every single person there on why they came to the event and found out this information. I wish I had your free time.

And I'm pretty sure it's legal to smoke in Miami, as it is in most places in the world. Why would smokers have to go to a race just to be able to light up? Seems like a waste of parking/gas/concession/etc money when you could just smoke at your own house.

Logic is a great thing. You should try it sometime.