Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
Not sure where you're getting this "snobby" nonsense from. I've noticed that the open-wheel drivers have been very welcome. I think you're the one with the "snobby" issue. I think you've been reading the open-wheel/nascar-hate websites and nothing else.
No. And I've never even seen an open-wheel/NASCAR hate website.

You mentioned Sam Hornish. He and Franchitti were given cars with spots in the top 35 in points for the first 5 races(that they didn't earn by the way), and in three races they have both dropped out of the top 35 for this year.

To put it simply, they were given an 5 race head start and haven't been able to keep up.
Hornish got wrecked in California and Atlanta. Not sure about Dario, but he has struggled. He'll be alright it's just he'll need time to adjust.

Jacques Villeneuve (and I'm a huge fan of his, atteneded many F1 races to see him race) was a victim of his long time association with Craig Pollock. Nothing new.
I can see Pollock being a problem, but he was still booted too quickly by BDR in my opinion.

I don't know anyone who doesn't like Montoya. He's doing very well.
Fair enough. But I've still heard rumblings in the off season saying 'JPM has to deliver or he's not good enough'.

Lord have mercy, where are you coming up with that non-sense. A lot of people get opportunities in NASCAR, whereas Formula One is one of the most "closed-shop" organizations on the face of the earth. If you want to show up and race at NASCAR, you are welcome to try (if you meet some minimum experience standards and have a legal car).

Can you do the same in Formula One? No effin' way!!!! If you're not part of the Concorde Agreement, don't bother.
I myself have said many times that F1 should be more open and accessible to more drivers. But if there was a turn up and go mentality in F1, some cars would be terribly slow and would get blown away. You can tell that there is a difference between bigger and smaller teams in the NASCAR pitlane, but that difference is probably only 0.5 seconds a lap (a lot on an oval, yes), whereas in F1 it would be more than 5 seconds with the rate of technology and development that the top teams have. Even many of the factory teams in F1 struggle to keep up with the pace. That's why the Concorde Agreement is there.

Your prejudice against NASCAR is showing.
How does that make you think I have a predjudice against NASCAR? I love NASCAR, and if you notice, I make several good comments about NASCAR and it's drivers. I would watch NASCAR every weekend if I could, but I ony get an hour's highlights every week. NASCAR is a fantastic spectacle, and I have the utmost respect for the guys that slug it out on those ovals.

When I said it was easy to run a fast lap at Daytona, that would be without any other cars there. I believe I could qualify a car at Daytona and get within a couple of seconds (in the best car). But put me into a race and I would be useless, and frankly dangerous. The skill in NASCAR isn't as much in driving the tracks (although that is still significant), than racing in a pack, knowing when to push the tyres, conserving fuel and not taking out a guy when you try to pass them.

Sorry, I know enough about Formula One to know just how full of holes your arguments are.
And I know enough about NASCAR to know that your arguments aren't watertight either

It just seems to me that both series don't give each other enough credit. And IRL and Champ Car come into that as well. I wouldn't moan if Kasey Kahne or Jeff Gordon was put into an F1 car over, say Anthony Davidson or Adam Carroll or someone like that, because I know that whoever was put into the car has earned it. I just wish SOME fans were the same, fans of BOTH series.