FGP for 2008 has returned! The website will be up shortly but for now I wanted to post the rules and the rates so that everyone has enough time to submit their team. The budget this year has increased to 48,000,000 so you have a little more cash to build that winning team.

I must address two things before I get on to the rules and rates:

#1 - Super Aguri - They are going to stay where they are in the rates since they are still a functioning team. I do not see any worries as their rates are quite low anyway so no harm can be done.

#2 - McLaren - They are placed 2nd in the Chassis and Engine department after a thread was opened by me asking everyone who visits this forum and plays in the FGP to leave a comment as to where McL should be placed. Second won out by a one vote margin. I will not debate this again as everyone had an opportunity back in November.

And now the rules and rates for the 2008 version of the Fantasy Grand Prix:
You are the owner of a Formula One team with a budget of £48,000,000 for the 2008 season.

To complete your team, you need to pick three drivers (two drivers + a £1m driver), a chassis, an engine, and a bonus GP. A list of drivers, chassis and engines, with their relative prices can be found in the Price List. Two of your three drivers must come from this price list. Your third driver choice, who will cost you £1m, is any driver that does not appear on the price list. Finally you must pick a bonus GP which will score double points for your team at that race.

Points are awarded throughout the race weekend and are detailed below.

THE POINTS SYSTEM
Bonus Grand Prix
The Bonus GP chosen will earn double points for that race.
Drivers
First through eighth score the same as the F1 championship - 10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1
Pole Position - 2pts, Fastest Lap - 1pt
Chassis
First through eighth score the same as the F1 championship - 10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1
Engine
First through six score the same as the F1 championship - 10,8,6,5,4,3 (this is because there are only six engine mfg's in F1).

Only the first chassis and engine that crosses the line scores points for your team.
A race disqualification loses you all points for the disqualified driver/chassis/engine for that race weekend.
In the event of two or more FGP teams scoring the same amount of points by the end of the season the winner will be decided by the number of race wins achieved by the FGP teams involved. If the teams cannot be separated by wins then the team owner who was first to submit their FGP2008 entry wins.

Please submit you team in this thread.
All entries must be submitted by the end of March 13th, 2008!
And now, the rates:
DRIVER
Raikkonen 32
Hamilton 29
Alonso 27
Massa 25
Heidfeld 23
Kubica 20
Kovalianen 17
Piquet Jr 14
Rosberg 12
Coultard 10
Nakijima 10
Webber 8
Button 8
Vettel 7
Trulli 6
Barrichello 6
Fisichella 5
Sato 4
Sutil 4
Davidson 3
Glock 3
Bourdais 2

Any third driver not on the above list - 1
CHASSIS
Ferrari 22
McLaren 20
BMW 17
Renault 14
Williams 10
Red Bull 8
Toyota 7
STR 6
Honda 4
Super Aguri 3
Force India 2

Engine
Ferrari 20
Mercedes 18
BMW 16
Renault 12
Toyota 10
Honda 8

Thank you for all who submit a team and good luck!