Quote Originally Posted by Wilf
I wonder, what series do you want him to get more experience in that will help him. He has shown himself well on the road/street courses as well as on the flat ovals. Where he needs to improve are on the banked ovals; where do you get that experience in an open wheel car? Look for a top 10 this weekend with a top 5 possible on the flat Milwaukee Mile. He looked good there last year.
He needs time to develop a feel for a car on the high banks.
If the goal is to stay in the IRL, your advice is valid. The dirty little secret though is Marco has F1 aspirations. Running well at Texas doesn't mean much to f1 owners. They want to know if you will run La Source at Spa flat out....

As for all this talk about Marco, he just finished second at a pretty tough little bullring in Iowa,so lets stop writing the kid off. He is still learning on ovals, and I think is having a tougher time submitting his ego to the hands of the engineers. Marco I think still wants to just overcome all by just using his right foot, and today's racing wont allow that ham fisted approach. He will get there.....