The usual Monaco procession once the race started. I like the tight track and challenge to the drivers, but with modern cars passing is next to nothing, so boooooorinnnnng..... unless someone has an off or car problems.

Qually - surprising to see Ferrari so strong, as well as the Mclaren driven by Lando. I really wish Leclerc didn't have his barrier hit, as I think it would have been tight between Bottas and Max, with Charles a long shot. I don't for a second think it was an intentional accident, as the end result showed why a driver/team wouldn't want that kind of risk. Great job by Gasly as well, Seb back up in the mix, and Giovinazzi makes it to Q3.

As for the race, I thought Bottas might have a shot at Max on the start, but from there out nothing exciting until the Merc pit problems. Bottas 3.6 finally gets a good qually and it gets tossed during the race. Combine that with them rolling the dice trying to move Lewis up, and their weekend was crap. Perez had a poor qually, but put in the fact laps during the race when it mattered, and ends up with a decent result. As for Lewis, crap weekend all around, though better than that of Bottas in the end. But the finger pointing won't help any, and in the past he has always been vocal when he doesn't agree with the team. You have to take the bad with the good in strategy, and considering how often they get it right and the product they drive, I think he should have towed the line for Merc a bit more.

AT kept Yuki out forever in hopes of a safety car, but it didn't work. And except for Seb, the young guns on the respective teams beat the old hands. It's got to be humbling and puzzling for the likes of Fernando and Daniel to be beaten at this track by the newer drivers.

Merc and Lewis #2 by a very slim margin, and Lando slots into #3 in the WDC standings. With RB and Max strong this season, Max making it to #1 at some point is not a shock really, but both Sergio and Valterri really need to step up their games. I still think their performance is going to be a big factor in this years standings. Although in all fairness, Bottas did everything right this weekend, and it just didn't go his way.

Without accidents and safety cars, this race gets even more boring. At least there was the roll of the dice on strategy expecting the safety car. And this year the red flag even robbed us of the last lap efforts in qually, one of the few usual excitements at this race.

Oh well, hopefully Baku will have some action.