Thread: Mexico 2016

Threaded View

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Hypothetical as none of us have heard all their team radio sessions. Who I'd blame here are literally the guys behind the selection of team radio. In media there is a term "gatekeepers" and this time the production team filter just failed. How Vettel behaved is purely his own mess to sort out.

It's time for Charlie to retire.

I'll rest my case
    The broadcasters are entitled to broadcast whatever they want. It's not like the drivers aren't aware they may be broadcast so blaming them broadcasters is a mute point.

Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    Wasn't Max ordered to give the place back by his engineer?
    No, he was told he might have to give it back. He never received confirmation so was correct to retain the position. I still think he should have got 3rd spot. Does anyone not remember Rosberg in Canada two years ago doing the same thing when Lewis was about to over take him?

One of the big problems remain here, and that is that there is no consistency. Personally, I think they should be free to race like they were 20 years ago, bump wheels do whatever they want. The problem is that the sport has been introducing these rules at random without any real thorough foresight. They have been reactive rather than proactive about everything that happens.

If you are going to have a set of rules defined for a sport then fine, define them well and stick to them throughout the year 100% but if you're not then don't bother with them and just leave the guys race. It's the same old nonsense as track limits. There was none of that rubbish 20 years ago and the racing was great.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 1st November 2016 at 07:22.