Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
That is a completely objective thing though. What you call bland, is the normal behaviour for a German. You have to understand that for Germans it was historically not a good idea to stand out. For East Germans that was true until as recently as 1989. The best way to ensure a trouble-free life was to conform to the given norm. As a result that cultural trait has survived in most Germans to the present day, especially for people like me, who were born and grew up in a dictatorship.

Many Germans consider Lewis' extroverted antics annoying, which is why he has not many fans over here except for hard-core Merc fans, who like him by proxy, and the reason for that has nothing to do with race or nationality (as is often insinuated if one dares to criticise Hamilton), it's just that many Germans dislike such extroverted antics. I'm sure there are other ethnicities for which that is true as well.
Yeah it is very subjective and my use of the word bland was more in line with them being very normal, like you or me. Lewis is pushing out an image and perhaps he has many more fans because of this? He's living the playboy lifestyle and mixing with the stars and this is appealing to many in this ever increasing plastic society. Rosberg and Vettel are talented and humble.

I like Rosberg and Vettel and can relate to them, whereas I can't any longer with Hamilton. I still prefer him as a driver though simply for the entertainment.