Susie Wolff's F1 rise is not tokenism – but a triumph over the odds

Whatever method she adopts to gain traction the point remains she wouldn’t be in the car if she were not seriously quick. When Wolff appeared in Friday practice in Germany she closed only a couple of tenths behind Felipe Massa, a veteran of 210 grands prix and 11 race wins.
I'm sitting here trying to decide which is worse: having Pastor "Hit Everything But the Safety Car" Maldonado in the race car or letting Susie "Seriously Quick" Wolff be a make-believe reserve driver? I'm sure that watching him tear up race cars Friday-Sunday (and then blame the wall for hitting him) would make even the Pope take up drinking, but ol' Zipperhead can score points every now & again. But now, with little Susie Quick as the "reserve driver", one has to wonder how much lower that Mercedes engine bill will be next year compared to what everybody else will have to pay? Or do you think Dr. Z is going to make Toto write Williams GP a personal check?

I understand that Williams isn't flush with cash (although next year's check should look pretty nice after they shouldered Ferrari out for 3rd), but how far the mighty have fallen that they have to resort to letting the unaccomplished bed partner of their engine supplier take up a seat that a legit racer could be occupying. I've never been much of a Williams fan, but even to me, this is rather sad.