Thread: Valtteri Bottas

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts

Valtteri Bottas

I'm quite impressed by Bottas but he has been at Williams a few years now without breaking through into the race team. Could it be because he's an excellent self-publicist?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/99527/ - 12th May

Valtteri Bottas feels ready for F1 race seat - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com - 17th July

Valtteri Bottas determined to convert third driver role into long F1 career with Williams - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com - 14th August

Valtteri Bottas surprised by his own pace during Friday practice sessions - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com - today
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    We have a couple of parallels here with regard to American football--the idea that:

the player who could truly turn a team's season around is the back-up quarterback, or:

an assistant coach would do a better job leading the team than the head coach.

F1 is the same way--the only driver who can help is the one not currently in the cockpit.

There's so little respect for the man in the arena (Maldonado, Senna). The critic gets all the attention (Bottas and the rest of us).

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze
    There's so little respect for the man in the arena (Maldonado, Senna). The critic gets all the attention (Bottas and the rest of us).
    What can you expect when you have pay drivers?

If Tony Fernandes hires me as the head of Catherham for next year I guarantee both c'ships and a special motivational visit from Scarlett Johansson...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looks like he is pressuring for a position.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maldonado's safe. Senna's probably less so, but Bottas is still fairly unproven (why is he not in either GP2 or WSR?) and Senna's got some budget. Albeit much less than Maldonado, and if the team is performing again then finding sponsors may be less of a problem.

He's clearly trying to land himself a seat for next year, though personally I don't see it happening yet. I could be wrong though...

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Katz
    (why is he not in either GP2 or WSR?)
    Because he would have more to loose than gain in either of the series.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Getting into F1 without being either a paid Driver (Schumy) or a sponsored driver (Lewis) is pretty hard. We have lost some great prospects because of the lack of support so good luck to the Williams boys. However I dont see either of them in F1 in 5 years time so Botty needs to talk himself into a chance.