Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Las Vegas Second Cup Race

How would you rearrange the schedual to get a second cup race in Las Vegas? From which track would you take the race?

I think that likely the easiest would be to give Vegas the second date from Atlanta. No sponsorship this year, ****ty ticket sales, plus it's a Speedway Motorsports Track. Obviously this will not happen, however
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    never, I'd hate to give another cookie cutter track to replace something else, unless its gitting rid of California for good or Kansas.

they ruined Las Vegas for a good 4 years and they just turned it into another Kansas, at least the Old Vegas track had an identity, now its just like all the other boring 1.5 mile tracks
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    gonna disagree with the Kansas comparison. Vegas was much racier than I expected it's first time out. something Kansas is just achieving now. in a couple years Vegas will be more akin to Atlanta or Homestead with a tri-oval. it seems like these 1.5milers need 20 degrees or more of banking to make them effective for good racing.

as for a rearrangement, first dump California's 2nd date and move Darlington back to it's traditional date. give Kansas the Mother's day weekend slot. then give the 2nd Vegas race the Kansas date in September.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    less Cookie Cutters, more Road Courses/Short Tracks
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Why should there be a second Vegas race? Dunno about you, but to me, this year's race felt a bit like a snoozer. :\ Maybe it's because it was at 2am but who knows...
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i would greatlyy prefer a short track or road course to another cookie cutter as well. but the likelihood of that is quite slim. given a choice of Vegas or California, give me Vegas any day. Vegas was considerably more exciting this year than in one's past and way better than a California race could ever dream to be.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Agree with moving one of the Fontana dates to LV.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought the Vegas race was pretty good right out of the chute considering what happened at Lowe's last year. It could have been worse. I think the powers that be tried to mirror what Miami-Homestead did when they repaved/redesigned their track with the progressive banking.

Fontana needs to loose a date...one which they never deserved in the first place. I'd rather see Darlington back on Labor Day...but IMO Nascar would have to do some repostioning of a few races to make that happen with Vegas, California's spring race and Darlington somewhat close together.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Fontana should lose a date, but Texas has also drawn poorly in its position.
    Here's how I see it:

Fontana should move up a week to March and lose its fall race. Move avoids race from Oscars.
    Las Vegas - Second race of season. Second race on Labor Day
    Infineon - Make it fourth race in a West Coast Swing.
    Texas - Lose its fall race. Spring race moves to fifth race of season.
    Atlanta - Spring race moves to third week of April (week after Masters golf tournament), fall race in current Bristol slot.
    Watkins Glen - Move to September.
    New Hampshire - Fall race in August (replaces Watkins Glen date)
    Bristol - Flips with Atlanta, moves August race to November (see below), to be penultimate race of the schedule.
    Darlington - Move May race up one week. Second date at END OF SEASON.
    Talladega - move to third-to-last race to create a Dega-Bristol-Darlington finish.
    In Christ,
    Bobby

Deuteronomy 31:6-8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was at the vegas race and i heard the subject of a second race discussed a number of times.The overall consensus was to drop the second california race for it.I personally would rather see the second martinsville race or infineon replaced with a night race at vegas.