Thread: Brands Crowd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Brands Crowd

Having had to miss this years opener I just wondered what the crowd was like down there. I know attendances have been getting much better again over the past couple of years but from watching on the telly there seemed to be quite a few gaps on the bank compared to say what the british superbikes get in.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought that the attendance was a bit down this year - the crowd around Druids seemed quite sparse. Clash with F1, credit crunch, fears that the racing might not be as competitive this season could all be factors - but perhaps things will pick up after three great races at Brands, and with more cars (Paul O'Neill and Jason Hughes) due to join the grid for Thruxton.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklands78
    I thought that the attendance was a bit down this year - the crowd around Druids seemed quite sparse. Clash with F1, credit crunch, fears that the racing might not be as competitive this season could all be factors - but perhaps things will pick up after three great races at Brands, and with more cars (Paul O'Neill and Jason Hughes) due to join the grid for Thruxton.
    And the 2nd Tempus Lacetti too if they get a driver sorted in time.

Yes it looked a bit down on the TV but it still looked sizeable, id say at least 25'000
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Seemed busy to me! Saying that, it was quick and easy to get out of the place.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The crowd appeared to be down on previous years but still very good size.
    Words you say never seem To live up to the ones Inside your head....and I don't like what you got me hanging from.