Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barcelona race

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts

Barcelona race

Quite the standard race, Ferrari 1-2 , DC crashes. :
    Good to hear Kovalainen wasn't badly injured.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I'm mad at Toyota. They thought that it was Trulli, not Glock, who had had a collision and called him in. I can't believe such stupidity, it's utterly embarrasing and ridiculous. Two extra points were simply thrown into the bin. C'mon, they have been in F1 for six years and still don't know, which of their drivers is driving which car. Well, if anyone is capable of making stupid decisions, then Toyota proves again and again, that this ability belongs to them. :

Other than that. Oh, the forum was down for a whole weekend, so a lot can be written about here, but I'll try to make it short. : Good to see Nakajima improving. He beat Rosberg in qualifying and after a poor start didn't fall far behind Rosberg in the race. This is the track, where all the rookies should have most experience due to excessive testing, so the next weekends must show, what is Kazuki made of.

Also Fisichella performed remarkably - wished he could snatch that point position where he was driving at one moment of the race. On the other hand an embarrasing showing from Sutil this weekend - 0,7 secs slower than Fisi in quali and then the race... :\ I guess Adrian could be the first driver, who will be kicked out of F1 before the end of the season.

What happened to Barrichello? That was rather odd. Poor Rubens hasn't scored points in 21 consecutive races and whenever he has had a possibility, something goes wrong (2007 Canada a pitstop 5 laps before the end, 2008 Oz and Barcelona we all know).

Oh and Vettel has had 5 retirements in a row (also counting last year's Brazilian GP). Three of them have been mechanically-related plus two collisions (not through his own fault). Harsh start to the career. Looking at his qualifying, I have to admit that he is quite inconsistent in the dry at the moment - he admitted that he couldn't find the right setup and took the wrong direction (like Hamilton at Silverstone last year?), so this is clearly a learning period for him at the moment. And maybe he'll start finishing races one day too.

That's it for now.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I am very happy for Kimi and Ferrari and hope that they will continue to dominate.
    Lewis bounved back with solid third.
    BMW are still very close to the top teams.
    And I hope that in the next race Alonso and Renault will have the pace from Barcelona and the reliability of Melbourne.
    Formula 1

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Poor DC Once again crashes out while being passed.

One would think he would be used to getting passed by now, and get it right
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I think that young drivers should learn that it is not right to expect him to move "over young guns".
    Formula 1

Liked 648 Times in 513 Posts
    Good race for Ferrari The safety cars made it closer than it otherwise would have been.
    Bad luck for Nick! Solid driver for Hamilton. Both McLaren, and BMW ned to find more speed or
    Ferrari are going to slip off into the distance!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Heiki's shunt aside it was a boring race!
    Ferrari won!
    Bourdais did a DC!
    DC did another DC!
    The SC pit rule destroyed someone's race again!
    Passing came only when fast cars were artificially put behind slower ones!

All in one, nothing new, really!

Oh and BTW, the forum is up and running after 3 days of black out, again.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Kimi has found a groove in the ferrari now, this season's championship could fad very fast with his speed
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What the hell happened to the forum?

Anyway, I could barely stay awake during the race. I had my chin down when I saw that HK had slammed into the barriers. I'm glad that McLaren was back on the podium after enduring some upsets. Solid drive by Hamilton (come on baby!), impressive drive by Massa, and stellar performance from Kimi.

DC needs to stop racing. Game over old chap!
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 1,263 Times in 684 Posts
    You would think after Melbourne, the rules would be amended regarding pitting during the SCar period - but no!! Another driver has his race messed up by having to take a 10 sec penalty. Ans another thing, why don't they get rid of the stupid chicane - introduced to help the racing. It's done nothing of the sort.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???