Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts

Wink X games RALLY? Was it?

How could they call this a Rally? Have i missed something of have the people of the USA re-invented the sport? Looked like an SSS to me....and a poor one at that!

I somehow dont think the FIA would approve of this........

http://www.rally-america.com/xgames_...618&gallery=56

The crossover strikes me as a little dangerous, as was the stage end...... cars could have easily smacked into one another. Anyone know the total stage mileage? About 5??

I appreciate that is was billed as 'Rally Car Racing Super Special' when all's said and done this is the worst attempt at a rally ever seen! If they need to do that to draw fans then they might aswel not bother! As for Mcrae doing it, he should be ashamed. Oh and he only finshed 5th.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    The jump was cool, bit xtreme, but it was the X-Games. The finish was more JacK-Ass or Dukes of Hazards than real Rally, and let the whole show down.

They should clean up the course layout, especially the finish, keep the jump but lose the cross over element.

What chance of a Super Special at the end every round of the Rally America Championship? Well a slightly less extreme version.
    'Heroes don't die, they just move on to the next stage.' CMac Forever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, the finish area was wack for sure. That whole crossover business is only going to get bigger until somone gets hurt. The rally section of the Xgames really looks like a field day for the accountants as the lawyers wait around for ambulances. :\
    Yeah, americans love rallying too.

Liked 1,886 Times in 739 Posts
    There is already a thread about x-games here, if you whatched the show they did point out that they where not doing a rally but a sss. Why use rally cars only in the forest, like with a dirt bike you have lots of different diseplins FMX, motocross, enduro and supermotard. Why not do something new, it's not like it's hurting the interest for rally is it?
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SUBARUNORWAY1
    . Why not do something new, it's not like it's hurting the interest for rally is it?
    Errr, yeh it is really. Anyone who doesn't know what rallying is will believe what they see! I just think its another way of North Americans having their own sport, 'Rally Racing', and not having a go at the real deal! Even though i like neither sport, it seems like Rugby and American Football.....steal an idea and invent your own sport that nobody else plays, so that your always the worlds best!

This show was simialr to doing white water rafting in a swimming pool, just so lazy people can see it eaiser!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doon
    How could they call this a Rally?

I appreciate that is was billed as 'Rally Car Racing Super Special'
    What are you trying to say here? It was, or it wasnt?

They didnt call it a rally. It was billed as a Rally Super Special, and even more shortly, X Games Rally Car.

Which, even by European terms, it was.

Last year, it was a rally, with actual stages days prior, topped by a Super Special finale. If you actually watched the coverage, the announcer did, on numerous occasions distinguish stage rallying from this SSS by highlighting the ongoing Rally America National Championship.

If you scoff at R-A's rendition of a SSS, I urge you to take a closer look at the Acropolis, Cardiff and Hagfors SSS's.

Keep in mind, this is all done simply to raise awareness, a taster, of what real rallying is, how skilled the drivers are, how tough the cars are, and how just one small mistake, can ruin your day, just like on a real rally.
    Ken & Alex in WRC? Awesome!http://www.monsterworldrallyteam.com

Liked 311 Times in 117 Posts
    Colin McRae Rally x games 13 2007 rolls car for 2nd time !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_fDGFvfrW4
    "C'est une triste chose de songer que la nature parle et que le genre humain n'écoute pas" (Victor Hugo)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Errr, yeh it is really. Anyone who doesn't know what rallying is will believe what they see! I just think its another way of North Americans having their own sport, 'Rally Racing', and not having a go at the real deal! Even though i like neither sport, it seems like Rugby and American Football.....steal an idea and invent your own sport that nobody else plays, so that your always the worlds best!

This show was simialr to doing white water rafting in a swimming pool, just so lazy people can see it eaiser!
    So here it comes the conspiracy theory that americans make their own sports so anyone else plays it and they ALWAYS win right? Im not Pro american or anything but god this sounds crazy(in that case british do it too! who plays cricket? no one! but they dont win anyways! (with all due respect to british criket players of course))

what about basketball? china, spain, Grece, Argentina and other countries now have teams strong enough to beat the americans

Baseball? the same thing!! Cuba, Venezuela, Puerto Rico or even Mexico have teams strong enough to beat them sometimes!!

American football not yet but hey the NFL(football league) is full of foreigners too, japanese guys play there now!

So now this "Rally racing" in the X games is an other atempt to do the same again?? yeah right...

I really really think this is good for the sport in anyways, more interest = more money = more events =more drivers = more everything I think the Xgames is a good platform for people to start attending to rally America events! I f you go to this stadium and you have never seen rally before you may say "wow this is cool, but it only happens once a year I want more of this thing!" so you go to a rally america event and get to know a little more about pure rally!!
    or maybe your too lazy to go to an event and you make a google search of "rally" or maybe in youtube, what u get? WRC, group B, solberg, loeb, marcus, maybe a political rally too, but i bet that only like 1% of the result will contain anything about xgames

so dont say that this is an evil attempt to deviate interest from pure rally and that will affect the sport!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not the brightest ever comment here really.
    The X games has brought more money into us rallying, simply because of the exposure from this one event.

Compare the SSS in Finland to the X games, and the x games stage was much better.

If it gets the worlds biggest car market more interested in the sport, then it has done it's job. More STI's and Evo's are sold in the US, that the rest of the world put together.

Liked 361 Times in 214 Posts
    Well, it is to them an Extreme Sport! Maybe WRC is too complicated... but don't forget... they do have a Rally Series and if you watched the coverage.... havnt finished it. They do explain the sport a bit and everything, though they have different words haha and accent is funny, but just like mine
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"