Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark123
    what the hell would goldcoast.com know!!

when curt from the indystar goes into print - then beleive it. until then, its all speculation and in this case, incorrect press.
    Actually, no. I suggest you watch Robin Miller and Derrick Walker on TV tonight at 11:30pm Indy time on channel 6

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i've read the article - they still have ryan brisco driving for team australia in cc!!!!

don't get me wrong, I think the merger will happen, but i think that this article is mostly guess work surrounded by a lot of BS!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think the merger will happen, but i think that this article is mostly guess work surrounded by a lot of BS!!
    Agreed on that. The Goldcoast Bulletin would be rather biased as regards how wonderful a merged organisation would be.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In case anyone is looking for the article its here:

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...top-story.html

BZ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaparral66
    That's what I don't like. Way too fast. 2009 would have been a better starting point.

There is no way that a "lame duck" 2008 season could exist. If the sponsors and teams know now that 2008 would be the last season anyway, how many would line up at the first 2008 race? None.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    There is no way that a "lame duck" 2008 season could exist. If the sponsors and teams know now that 2008 would be the last season anyway, how many would line up at the first 2008 race? None.

Gary
    "Lame duck"? We don't even have an agreement confirmed yet. We know they are talking. Why try to shove this thing down everybody's throat this season, after we just had CC testing in Sebring, with Spring Training to follow at some point? Besides, CCWS hasn't shown much ability to get sponsors (due to alway being late getting the ball rolling) these last few years anyway, why would this year be any different?
    "Racing is life. Everything before or after, is just waiting." Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nothing is too fast, we have been waiting 13 years for this lets make it happen.......
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fan-veteran
    As someone stated, and i would say - this is not purely a merger but an absorption of CCWS by IRL. I hope for good. (If the deal is done of course)
    Exactly - only 3 CC races and using Dallara's with i assume Honda engines = CCWS rolling over and selling out to the IRL. A true merger would use both Dallara, DP01, Cosworth and Honda. They would also have a more even split on the races.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here's 6: http://www.theindychannel.com

Robin Miller was on Speed News last evening with a short segment.

Since I'm in Colorado, I have no way to view channel 6 in Indy. Maybe someone there has TiVo'd the story and could post a little on You Tube?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Latka Gravitz
    Here's 6: http://www.theindychannel.com

Robin Miller was on Speed News last evening with a short segment.

Since I'm in Colorado, I have no way to view channel 6 in Indy. Maybe someone there has TiVo'd the story and could post a little on You Tube?
    Someone posted the transcript over at TF. One of the more colorful comments from RM was about KK, where he said "this guy can't even keep his lies straight"...it was in response to the press release KK/GF put out saying the deal was scuttled by the media...apparently KK had been on the phone with RM nearly a dozen times in the days leading up to this saying so many different things, he couldn't keep his story straight.