Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce

I tell you, I was that close to dumping my PC into the bin.
    Sometimes that's the best way to recover, not literally but doing the software equivalent of just reinstalling the OS from scratch.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    funny thing, i was about to go on this forum (i never check the chitchat) and ask about computers f'n up..

mine isn't any stupid slower than usual but some stuff just will NOT open. like control panel, messenger, windows media player, folders.. just firefox basically. and i think the recycle bin. what's up with that? i did run the microsoft thing to see if any windows programs are being tempered with and it came out with just one that it eliminated automatically. but it still doesn't work properly. should i find and download that CCleaner thing? and as far as downloading music, i use soulseek, is it still as safe as it was 5ish years ago?
    I am Yahya the Infinite. <-search it

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankenSchwinn
    funny thing, i was about to go on this forum (i never check the chitchat) and ask about computers f'n up..

mine isn't any stupid slower than usual but some stuff just will NOT open. like control panel, messenger, windows media player, folders.. just firefox basically. and i think the recycle bin. what's up with that? i did run the microsoft thing to see if any windows programs are being tempered with and it came out with just one that it eliminated automatically. but it still doesn't work properly. should i find and download that CCleaner thing? and as far as downloading music, i use soulseek, is it still as safe as it was 5ish years ago?
    From my most recent experience, CCleaner is the first step as it cleans as well as sorts your registry. If that doesn't do the trick, try using the operating system disc, press F12 on startup and use teh repair option first. If that doesn't work, reformatting seems to be the answer, although you'd want to save all your programs and e-mail addresses and photos and music.

Good luck.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well, well, i got spybot and ccleaner and some microsoft stuff and it's still poopy. when i run these programs they never finish. they just keep running for hours but never end. spybot showed that the scan was complete but it never showed me a screen saying that, instead it just looked like it ought to still be running. i even tried in safe mode and nothing nothing nothing nothing......

any computer wizards out there to give me hints (i don't know much about them, they don't have wheels).

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OUCH!! did the Heinola complaint choir suggest this link while lounging on the edge of Konnivesi?

daniel, i know you know a trick or two. care to share (or via PM)?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    OUCH!! did the Heinola complaint choir suggest this link while lounging on the edge of Konnivesi?

daniel, i know you know a trick or two. care to share (or via PM)?
    Do you have any of the disks that came with the machine?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    well, well, i got spybot and ccleaner and some microsoft stuff and it's still poopy. when i run these programs they never finish. they just keep running for hours but never end. spybot showed that the scan was complete but it never showed me a screen saying that, instead it just looked like it ought to still be running. i even tried in safe mode and nothing nothing nothing nothing......

any computer wizards out there to give me hints (i don't know much about them, they don't have wheels).
    I downloaded CCleaner and it works a treat. I would suggest you uninstall your CCleaner and re-download it again. When selecting run after you download, give it lotsa time to get itself installed properly.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Do you have any of the disks that came with the machine?
    indeed i do.... do you think i should re-install windows?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    indeed i do.... do you think i should re-install windows?
    If you can save all your data yes
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.