Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

bulls**t

To say the media is a spoiler in the merger is such an embarrassing cop out. The truth is that the merger isn't going through because they don't want it to. Kevin and the gang are fooling themselves if they believe this is a good thing. I have gone to several races over the years, but I am done. Somehow the guy only hears what he wants to and sadly, that information is distorted. So fine, another year that fans are kicked in the gutt. Nice job.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How Do We Get Kk To Hear Us Our Frustrations? Is There A Website? A Person? Who????? And I Do Believe Kk Has Taken The Heat Off Tony George By His Own Hand. What An Idiot.

I'm Ready To Call Long Beach And Ask For A Refund. And By The Way, I'm Tired Of Seeing Barely 15 Cars In A Field. It's Ridiculous And Not Good Racing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimispeed
    Why do you blame him?? Maybe it's not KK that's stalling......

Stalling for what? So there's no time left, to make it happen? Why? So CC can go on with another lack luster season of musical chairs, with rent a rides, until they have to come up with enough Mexicans to pull off the Mexico City race? Or maybe he just wants to prove to us, that he can make it through a season without canceling a single race. What exactally is he stalling for, Jimmy. Maybe they'll bring several bags of letters, addressed to Santa Clause, to deliver to KK, like in Miracle on 43rd Street, and Champ Car will be saved.

Jeff
    I got a Nikon camera
    I love to take a photograph -Paul Simon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cartpix
    Stalling for what? So there's no time left, to make it happen? Why? So CC can go on with another lack luster season of musical chairs, with rent a rides, until they have to come up with enough Mexicans to pull off the Mexico City race? Or maybe he just wants to prove to us, that he can make it through a season without canceling a single race. What exactally is he stalling for, Jimmy. Maybe they'll bring several bags of letters, addressed to Santa Clause, to deliver to KK, like in Miracle on 43rd Street, and Champ Car will be saved.

Jeff
    I agree, cartpix.

If there's a chance to make it happen this year, then they should go for it & use 2008 to work out the bugs & grease the skids for 2009.

If they don't get it done now, then we have another whole year for someone to find a reason NOT to do it. That would be unbearable after 13 years.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    I received it directly from Champ Car.
    You would think the folks at CCWS would know how to spell Mr. Forsythe's first name correctly.
    Keep your eyes open for the rest of January, you may be in for a surprise - Speeds Up...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    "Discussions currently are at a standstill, and we therefore are proceeding with plans to continue as Champ Car."
    That is a very odd statement. The implication is that if discussions were ongoing, they weren't going to continue as Champ Car. It almost sounds like they feel they are forced to now plan to continue only because talks have "stalled". If they really believed in Champ car, I would have expected a much stronger statement than one that reads like a lament.

I suspect that little quote will puff out the chests of those who have been apoplectic over the possibility that Champ Car may cease to exist, but the fact that KK felt the need to state they have been working on this for three years should make the cheerleaders pause. If KK and GF really thought they could go it alone, or even win the "war", they would have told the IRL to buzz off, not try to make a deal every year.

So if the "deal" stumbles, KK and GF will polish off the cars and wallets and try to stumble onward for another year. Sad, really sad.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobGarage
    well done Robin Miller you $&*%!!!
    Right. And I suppose Robin Miller is responsable for Ford leaving CCWS, a messed up TV deal, and AJ Almendinger and leaving. *Sheesh* .
    "Racing is life. Everything before or after, is just waiting." Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaparral66
    Right. And I suppose Robin Miller is responsable for Ford leaving CCWS, a messed up TV deal, and AJ Almendinger and leaving. *Sheesh* .

Don't forget global warming...

Jeff
    I got a Nikon camera
    I love to take a photograph -Paul Simon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Of course. How silly of me to forget...
    "Racing is life. Everything before or after, is just waiting." Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am still trying to understand how KK could a leak about a merger would bring it to a halt....unless he is out to **** somebody....and that somebody finds out...
    Most posters on this forum can't think past their own screen names...