But the debris caution may have (suspiciously) been where the "debris" was shreds of suspension parts.

Some thoughts:

Chevrolet - Last year, went 36/36 in podiums. They couldn't even score a single point using the F1-style scoring system, and this was the worst finish for the Bowtie since March Atlanta ten years ago. After dominating last year, it seems everyone hunted, and shot down, Impala Nation. They also beat themselves with bad incidents with many of their stars (#24, #48, #07, #5) and also non-competitiveness with the survivors.

Ford - The Blue Oval's best was tenth, and it wasn't but last year I think there was one case no Fusion was in the Top Ten.

Dodge - Back to the 1960's and 1970's with the 7000cc (427 cid) era we go. It seems there were Chargers everywhere slicing through the field to dominate. Six of the top eight were Chargers, and the Charger nose was what had Robby Gordon in violation in pre-Practice One inspection. Of course, that was Gillett Evernham's problem as they sent 2008 Charger noses instead of 2007 Avenger noses. A million here and a million there, and Bob Nardelli, after failing at Home Depot to win the 500, gets his Daytona 500 ring at last. How ironic that we go back to winged cars and guess where Dodge is?

Toyota - The Hinomaru is for real. Outside pole, dominating the most laps led, one podium slot, two in the top five. Is this the season where at the end of the season, we'll be hearing "May 1,000 Years of Happy Reign be Yours" when the Sprint Cup is given? Will this give Tony Stewart incentive to renew with the Gibbs boys, or is he really going to jump ship and start his own team? I think he'll buy an idled Bowtie team because of his business interests. This is a threat, and next week is big. Michigan is big for the Bowtie, Blue Oval, and Ram because it is a "hometown" race. For Fontana, Toyota will be racing in their backyard, as Toyota is based in Torrance and so is TRD.

For Todd Holbert, a lead engineer for Toyota, a win would have been huge in more ways than you would think. Recently his grandfather Bob died, and he would have wanted to win this race for his grandfather. Remember, his father died 20 years ago in a plane crash, and I think most racing fans know who he was.