Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan H
    The Italian magistrates have been throwing their weight around in Italy recently, cutting down Ferrari isn't going to cause them sleepless nights.
    No, but it might cause them to 'sleep with the fishes'.

Seriously, the Italian magistrates have been vociferous in their attempts to combat that most Italian of problems known as corruption, but this has been driven by a public consensus that it needs to be done and that the people and organisations involved have been getting away with it too long.

Ferrari don't really fall into that category.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello

Seriously, the Italian magistrates have been vociferous in their attempts to combat that most Italian of problems known as corruption, but this has been driven by a public consensus that it needs to be done and that the people and organisations involved have been getting away with it too long.

If Ferrari are seen to be playing the system to gain an advantage, basically taking the mickey out of the partiality of the magistrates they may take offence and take action.

I'm not saying they will, just that it is not a foregone conclusion that this will be an open and shut McLaren slamming case.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speeddurango
    don't you ever try to make mistakes, they keep getting onto you all the time and you can't even get a away with it.
    Once is a mistake twice is.............NOT!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is the Italian judicial system being scrutinized by the "experts" of this forum? 'Cause if I recall correctly, the criminal seating on the bench is not the Italian judicial system, which is imperfect like MANY others (and please don't ask me to give you any examples), but McLaren. Why is it that when the damaged party is British (the Hamilton case) the International community condemned, with no exception, the act of racism against him as demanded, and fairly so, by the English fans, the Secretary of the English sports' office and the entire community offended by those insults. Of course, when the culprit is British what I hear is: well.....well....he's not REALLY bad, well...it's not stealing REALLY, well....it's not like nobody else does it, well.....they did not know, well....nobody got hurt...and so on. And yes I am saying SOME of you are VERY biased against other countries. And you can barely refrain from saying what's really in your mind, because it's..well...maybe racist or hum...politically incorrect to say and that would get in trouble. After all, McLaren got off the hook easy with the FIA. Especially after they got caught cheating the SECOND time. The LAW is a different story. And if you don't want to do the time don't do the crime. Because stealing is a crime, otherwise, why don't you try to explain to me why McLaren did not do the whole spying thing in front of the whole world? I mean, if there is nothing wrong with it, why being so secretive? Why apolozise? Why accepting the punishement and suffering the consequences? Why agreeing in freezing the car's development in the middle of the testing season? Why? Pleeeease, explain that to me.
    PS I am so sick and tired of your denial

Quote Originally Posted by mstillhere
    Is the Italian judicial system being scrutinized by the "experts" of this forum? 'Cause if I recall correctly, the criminal seating on the bench is not the Italian judicial system, which is imperfect like MANY others (and please don't ask me to give you any examples), but McLaren. Why is it that when the damaged party is British (the Hamilton case) the International community condemned, with no exception, the act of racism against him as demanded, and fairly so, by the English fans, the Secretary of the English sports' office and the entire community offended by those insults. Of course, when the culprit is British what I hear is: well.....well....he's not REALLY bad, well...it's not stealing REALLY, well....it's not like nobody else does it, well.....they did not know, well....nobody got hurt...and so on. And yes I am saying SOME of you are VERY biased against other countries. And you can barely refrain from saying what's really in your mind, because it's..well...maybe racist or hum...politically incorrect to say and that would get in trouble. After all, McLaren got off the hook easy with the FIA. Especially after they got caught cheating the SECOND time. The LAW is a different story. And if you don't want to do the time don't do the crime. Because stealing is a crime, otherwise, why don't you try to explain to me why McLaren did not do the whole spying thing in front of the whole world? I mean, if there is nothing wrong with it, why being so secretive? Why apolozise? Why accepting the punishement and suffering the consequences? Why agreeing in freezing the car's development in the middle of the testing season? Why? Pleeeease, explain that to me.
    I'm not sure why you should be sick & tired of my 'denial'...I agree with you 100%. I've always condemned Mclaren and would like to see justice done.

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    As far as I am aware from the transcripts and evidence given, Stepney was referring to an exchange between himself and Coughlan, rather than the teams. If you believe him...ahem...he didn;t think Coughlan would use the information within McLaren, but he was trying to get them to both steal info to take to Honda... To the best of my knowledge, no hard copied or electronic information was ever given to Stepney by Coughlan, and Stepney was also suspended very quickly and searches carried out by the police of his office and home in Italy very promptly, so I think if there was anything to be found it would have been then rather than now.

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

First, commit a foul on a Football pitch and see if that lands you in Court.

Then handle stolen goods and see if that lands you in Court.
    Actually, both can... For example Duncan Ferguson, Premiership footballer was sentenced to jail in England because he headbutted an opponent on the pitch, and the opponent pressed charges of assault. As there were police at the game, and TV cameras all round the pitch, there was pretty compelling evidence. So this further backs up your previous point of sports teams or individuals not being above the law just because a criminal act takes place within a sporting arena..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not sure why you should be sick & tired of my 'denial'...I agree with you 100%. I've always condemned Mclaren and would like to see justice done.
    Actually, Tamburello, you are correct. What happened is I was reading your message and then I felt I had to write something and totally forgot that I was reading your message. You are one of the very few that have an objective and fair view of the situation. I am sorry. It was my mistake.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mstillhere
    Actually if you read both my posts and those of Tamburello that you quote you'll find that we're talking about how the Italian magistrates have recently become keener to dispense real justice and fight corruption properly within Italy.

Thats a compliment not an insult.

(edit - having read your second post you clearly do understand its a compliment, sorry)