Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

McLaren chiefs summoned as spy saga goes on by Italian prosecutors

http://racing.auto123.com/en/racing/...py?artid=94372

Leading figures of the British formula one team McLaren have been summoned for questioning by Italian prosecutors, as the criminal espionage investigation involving Ferrari continues.

Even though F1's governing body has drawn a line under the affair from a sporting point of view, the Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport reports that magistrate Guiseppe Tibis wants to speak with Ron Dennis, Martin Whitmarsh and two other senior members of the Woking based team, on February 18.

VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not this crap again....
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Good!! keep their narrow ass' sweating a criminal, and/or civil judgement!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It will be interesting to see what the legal authorities turn up that the FIA overlooked. I am still curious as to why (other than possible loss of money) the FIA just dropped the whole matter including the inspection of the 2008 McLaren?
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Will this crap ever end????

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AJP
    Will this crap ever end????
    What crap? How the hell do you think that the laws dont apply to companies involved in sports?

FIA is not a court, its a governing body. There is no question McL was quilty of industrial espionage and they will be punished in a civil court.

FIA decided not to exclude McL from racing, mainly because of politics (read: money lost, bad publicity, keeping the wdc alive etc.). A civil court will have no such agenda, it will only judge whether laws have been broken and pass a judgment accordingly.

And unlike FIA, if McL is found quilty, someone(s) will be named as the responsible one. And this always means personal responsibility. The consequencies can be both institutional (towards McL) and/or personal (watch out, Ron).

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzeidzei
    The consequencies can be both institutional (towards McL) and/or personal (watch out, Ron).
    I wouldn't hold your breath, incompetent morons run our (England) rail network, and let halfwits conduct rail maintenance. Even the people that cause death because they can't be arsed to do their jobs properly get away with a smacked wrist.

I imagine the Italian legal system will find exactly what the FIA found. They might discover which drawer at home Mrs Dennis keeps her smalls in, but I can't see anything particularly new or scandalous being found.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    I wouldn't hold your breath, incompetent morons run our (England) rail network, and let halfwits conduct rail maintenance. Even the people that cause death because they can't be arsed to do their jobs properly get away with a smacked wrist.

I imagine the Italian legal system will find exactly what the FIA found. They might discover which drawer at home Mrs Dennis keeps her smalls in, but I can't see anything particularly new or scandalous being found.
    I have plenty of experience of your rail network. Life´s a bitch, our country has crappy neighbours.

And I do believe Italian court will find the exact same stuff the FIA did. But there is a difference: FIA was never meant to pass legal judgment on what had happened. Its only concern was to a) preserve some sort of credibility of F1 in the public eye and b) keep the wdc and the series alive.

And regardless of how the fans feel about their judgment, the FIA succeeded in their efforts. At least enough for the sport to still interest enough people and tv viewers so that the business can go on.

FIA could never nor did it ever try to pass any legal judgment.

I dont wish that they put RD away (altho I do think he should apologise to the fans, to other teams and to the sport in general). I dont hold my breath in that sense. I wish everyone would move on, but the thruth is the legal issues in Italy are there and they might have consequences beyound what the FIA decided.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    DAFT AS A BADGER IN SKI GOGGLES.......

Ferrari really know how to make fans that sit on the fence choose a side, I hope they loose everything this year and are caught stealing info from Super Aguri. Like Ferrari never bent the rules EVER!!!!!!

the Italian courts decisions are normally based on money, especially if it is one of there own they are trying to protect or help.

What do they want Rons head on a stake...
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    This is as stupid as trying to jail Frank Williams for the Senna crash. They may well find more stuf but enough to jail Dennis or Whitmarsh...no chance.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout: